[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - FMS with Vista and nVidia : can works with no flashing?

FMS with Vista and nVidia : can works with no flashing?

FMS with Vista and nVidia : can works with no flashing?

Postby jv » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:36 pm

My configuration: FMS + Vista (SP1 with d3drm.dll) on a HP Pavilion DV9647em, with a Nvidia Geforce 8600M GS (and Nvidia GeForce Series Video driver 7.15.11.7432A). I have to choose between textures usage with unasable image flashing and no model visible, or usage without texture (poor graphics). Frequent situation according to forum posts.
I have tried a lot of advices (presence of D3drm.dll, one COM port configuration, execution in XP mode, up to date drivers and OS, FMS version 2.0 beta 7 and FMS version 2.0 alpha 8.5, etc.). Always flashing!
Through a number of forums reading I have got some suspicion on the nVidia/Vista cooperation.
As expected: when suppressing the hardware accelerator in the DirectX windows, FMS displays correctly (i.e. model and texture are OK), but of course 5 to 10 seconds to get the next image make it unusable. Seems to indicate that nVidia 8600M GS driver does not work properly with Vista.
If you have correct behavior with other graphic cards please indicate. Also if you get the same difficulties with nVidia graphic card.
I will greatly appreciate any comment, confirmation… and of course a way to the solution
jv

Postby smcxx66 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:21 am

Try this.

http://www.szenerien.de/FMS-Szenerien/index.htm

Dowmload the photolistic scenery (SKYBOXES)

Put the .scn file in the same folder. You need that type
of .scn file becuase there's a transparent object at the
center.

Convert the images from .jpg to .bmp (24bit)

Resize the bottom/down images to an incorrect size.
Example: 2050x2050 instead of 2048x2048.

You can also run skyboxes at 1024x1024 per image
if you wish keep the mb down.

TURN OFF the FOG while in photolistic mode.
This will eliminate the haze.

The flashing will disappear becuase the bottom image will
no longer get projected. it's the samething if you size an
image to a model incorrectly . The model will simply
turn white without texture.

You won't see the bottom texture 99.999% of the time.
Set your zoom accordingly. Re set the model's
starting position a little further out.
Don't worry Reflex's sceneries are the sameway.
The bottom of the panorama had been cropped.
A complete equirectangular is 2 to 1 ratio.
Reflex's images are 8160x3060 instead of 8192x4096.

The transparent object will also act as a boundary.
You'll crash if you fly into yourself. This will minimize
the chances of you seeing the bottom panel..if you're picky.lol

You can leave that folder on your desktop or wherever you
store your files. FMS can retrieve it. Simply change
the file path when you want to load a scenery.

Yeah...I've been waiting for over a year for Nvidia to
relaese a newer driver for my card. So far it hasn't happened.
I have flashing on other software aside from FMS.
As a matter of fact. I get flashing from certain objects
in other sims. Not the complete screen, but a notible flashing.

The botton panel is an object . The flashing is from
that object trying to get projected. Basically I turned it off.

You can also use other Heli-x scneries or skyboxes that Harald
made. Just edit the name of the images in the .scn file
to your liking. Then assign the image's name to match
what you edit in the .scn file.
Use NOTEPAD to open .scn files

Please let me know if that works if that works for you.

It's not a good fix becuase I'm not a programer.
But i made the stupid flashing go away.lol
I belive the flashing is from the quads and Nvida
wants to read the image from the oposite face of the bottom panel.

If you lower the camera's height and model's height to
roughly around -100 you'll see RED on the under side
of the bottom panel or quad.
smcxx66

Postby jv » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:58 am

I congratulate you for this expertise! I will try this soon and keep you informed.
When it works, I envisage to disseminate this workaround to the french community. OK?

Many thanks
jv

Postby smcxx66 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:07 pm

Here's a couple screen shoots
I zoomed way, way out so you can see the white bottom panel
The second shot is of proper view or zoom.

Just click on the thumb nail to view a bigger image.

smcxx66

Postby jv » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:18 am

Thank you for the images illustrating the solution

Preparation of .bmp and resized images is OK. But FMS encounters an error when using the .scn file : “Floating point value expected at PILOT_POSITION 0 0 6”. This seems to indicate an incorrect syntax in the first lines of the .scn file.
I noticed that in my current FMS version (2.0 beta 7) and associated .scn files, the AIRCRAFT_POSITION and the PILOT_POSITION items are followed by 3 numbers. In the MBG-Bargteheide.scn file we have 4 numbers:
AIRCRAFT_POSITION -5 -7 0 10
PILOT_POSITION 0 0 6 FIXED
Maybe the syntax has changed with FMS versions? Or there is another explanation I do not see ? Did I download the right scenery (I used MBG-Bargteheide.scn).

More general : I will probably soon consider the creation of my own scenery(ies). What is the best URLs and/or documentation and/or tool (direct edition in the .scn file or usage of a dedicated and more user-friendly tools generating the .scn file). I already used http://rcp.web.infoseek.co.jp/Rc_hp2/fm ... ry_te.html
jv

Postby smcxx66 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:28 am

You have to use 2.8 for photolistic mode.

I still havn't been able to get the flashing to go away in 3D
sceneries. FMS has 3D and photolistic like realflight and aerofly.
I belive the flashing is from quads.

If your PC only has USB Ports, please read other threads
posted on this site. You just have to assign a comport for
old style type D-sub then write a little patch file.
There's plenty of links to the original instructions.
2.8 will error if there's no old comport type ports assign.
Nothing physically to install.

This is how to make panoramas
http://flickr.com/photos/sbprzd/148582035/
http://flickr.com/photos/sbprzd/1485820 ... otostream/

If you read the comments, you don't need a special len.
Only take more shots as Hangglider stated

Hugin is a freeware (sticthing software).
Gimp is also a freeware. (image/art software)

There's also links to more software.

I belive Seb is French, maybe you can shot him an e-mail.

Here's an equirectangular to skybox converter
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?9w9lwhwyzzi
smcxx66

Return to General Discussions