[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Export with Blender problem

Export with Blender problem

Export with Blender problem

Postby Bogey Jammer » Sat May 23, 2009 7:52 pm

Hi all, it's my very first post here

I've never flown a RC plane and before to do it for the first time with the plane I've just acquired, I modelled it with Blender in order to practice in FMS.
The plane in Blender:

I can directly export it in .x format, ParEditor reads it but the shaders are weird, bright and shiny:

I think it is related with some material settings in the .x file.
However this model is invisible in FMS! The plane seems to be present on the runway and camera moves on it but I don't see anything...

Is someone experienced with Blender modelling for FMS?
Bogey Jammer

Postby Bogey Jammer » Sun May 24, 2009 11:02 am

Good news I managed to make it to work.

Direct export from Blender to .x file is not good.

I export the model to lightwave .lwo, import it into Metasequoia, customize the material to fit them for FMS and then export a correct .x file.
Don't forget to set the scale factor to 1 and invert reference axis if needed.

Note that the 3D model is displayed shadeless in ParEditor but it's fine in FMS.

Hope that this will help other Blender familiarized users.
Bogey Jammer

Postby TreeHugger » Sun May 24, 2009 9:42 pm

An archive of older versions of the Blender-DirectX exporter can be found here:
But in my experience, none of them works properly with FMS. The only way, short of writing a new exporter, is indeed via metasequoia.

Regards
TreeHugger

Return to General Discussions