Graphics Problem !!!

Graphics Problem !!!

Postby don » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:33 am

I have a Widows Vista 64 bit system, 2 quad CPU, Q6600, 2.40 gz processor, 4.0 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9300GE graphics card and I can not see any other landscape other than "World". When I do see it I can only see it with big green squares as a landscape. I went to the Graphics tap to change the settings and when I check the box Textures, I see a blank screen or the screen shows up but just flickers. What do I do?
don

Re: Graphics Problem !!!

Postby JGF » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:57 pm

I have the same issue exactly with basically the same hardware/operating system (I have a Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 card). Any help would be appreciated!
JGF

Postby FreeFlier » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:15 pm

Both issues are well known to this forum and are related to Nvidia graphics cards and/or Nvidia driver files available. I've given up trying to use FMS on my HP laptop, with Nvidia graphics, after spending many weeks and trying many driver files. The results are as you describe them - the flashing and the basic texture look if textures are turned off; that period of time was quite frustrating.

Apparently the problem is a combination of Vista/64bit - my XP machines run FMS very well - and the Nvidia chip and/or drivers.

Search in this forum for Nvidia, flashing image, etc. and you will see lots of information about this issue.

There was al least one poster a while back, indicating that the problem could be addressed by changing the size of a specific part of certain texture files, but I never tried that; also many comments about that idea.

Sorry for the lack of a solution, but video graphics boards other than Nvidia, appear to be able to render the graphic successfully in Vista 64bit.
FreeFlier

Postby Microwavesix » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:11 am

I have fixed the problem!( At least for me...) Right click, go to properties, then select compatability. Now set it to windows 2000. When I booted mine up it was fine! Please respond if this works for you too.
Microwavesix

Return to General Discussions