[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - I'm trying to get started

I'm trying to get started

I'm trying to get started

Postby golfnut » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:04 am

I purchased a Esky Lama 4V and am trying to hook up the included FMS flight simulator. I have Windows 7, 32 bit with Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS display adapter in my Dell notebook. First question is will the Flight Simulator work on my notebook? 2nd question, The remote that came with my Lama includes a USB adapter (plugs into the back) and into a USB connection on my laptop. When I open the FMS program and go to "Controls/analog control" and 'joystick', then configure the 4 motions, I get activity in the configuration section, but when I click 'finish', nothing works on the computer. I'm looking for help/suggestions.

Thanks,

golfnut
golfnut

Re: I'm trying to get started

Postby ggunners » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:16 am

I do not know if your Esky cable works with FMS, but it might, check with the vendor. Some USB cables are used for programming the transmitter and have software that is used to do so. FMS should work with your computer but may require some fixes for Win7. See . -- ggunners
ggunners

Postby Steve Lewin » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:22 pm

You say you've done the calibration (blue bars moving predictably ?) but have you filled in the control mappings on the LH side of that screen ? If you're trying to fly helis then it's the bottom 4 that need filling in. They control helis, the top 4 are just for planes.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby golfnut » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:25 pm

Steve,

Thanks, I think I have the controller working ok now. However, I can only view the heli on the screen with no background (I'm using the 'world' as the landscape...nothing shows except the heli. When I click to load a 'landscape', I get pretty much total flicker and can't see anything including the heli. If I click on any of the tabs on top, the flicker stops, I can see the landscape, no heli, but as soon as I make a choice the flicker begins again.

Any suggestions to stop the flicker? I've tried resolution changes and doesn't help. My laptop is good up to 1280 x 800.

Thanks,

Mike
golfnut

Postby golfnut » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:59 pm

Still trying to get started. Steve helped me get the controller working but the FMS program continues to flicker with any loaded scene program. I have Windows 7 32 bit on my laptop with a GeForce 8400 graphics card. All the threads I have read indicate no one can get rid of the flicker with a GeForce card. I may be doomed to flying with the 'world' scn. Any other ideas??

Thanks,

Mike
golfnut

Postby ggunners » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:09 pm

I fly with the world.scn almost all the time.

If you are trying to use a photolistic scenery, save a copy of the bottom file
and then resize the original bottom image to 1x1 pixels and reload the file.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Return to General Discussions