[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Help with Simulator installation

Help with Simulator installation

Help with Simulator installation

Postby sonny » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:11 am

Just got my simulator and am trying to get this thing going. I have Windows XP, so should not have the problems that newer versions are having. I downloaded the FMS, plugged the simulator into the USB :cry: port and...NOTHING. First of all, when I click on the FMS shortcut, it immediately gives me the message that it has "encountered an error and needs to close" Also, the computer is not recognizing the simulator. The light is on the usb, but it doesn't show up on my computer. Spent almost 3 hours last night and another couple so far tonight trying to get this thing working.
Called tech support and all they could do was give me the download link (which I kept telling them it was already downloaded and on my desktop) or suggest I send it back. It cost me almost as much in shipping as the simulator cost, so why would I send it back and not just throw it in the trash if I can't get this thing figured out. I'm already out over $30 and they want me to spend more...yea, right! Any help would be much appreciated. Expecting my helicoptor soon and would love to get in some practice.
sonny

Re: Help with Simulator installation

Postby ggunners » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:14 am

Even WinXP will have problems with FMS if your computer does not have a serial COM port defined.

You also need an OK 3D card, nothing fancy but it has to be a bit better than a built in Intel chipset.

See this post on and put in a fake serial port and see if it fixes the problem.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby sonny » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:45 pm

Thanks for the reply. I am very inexperienced on any techy type changes to my computer. Your suggestion to add a COM port to the device manager by connecting a USB to a 9 pin serial convertor and connecting to a spare USB port has me scratching my head. What USB do I connect to the serial convertor and do I get the convertor someplace like Radio Shack?
The only part I really understand is that it has to be connected on a spare USB port on the computer...that much I can do,lol.
I've enjoy making and driving the gas powered RC cars for years and thought I'd enjoy the challenge of assembling and flying the helicopter. Never had to be a computer whiz to operate the cars!! Sorry to be such a bother, but appreciate the help.
sonny

Postby helouser » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:05 am

I have Windows 7 and it asks for or says is missing D3DRM.dll. Any answers? Thanks
helouser

Postby ggunners » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:17 pm

Follow the instructions in the RC Groups post above for Windows 7. -- ggunners
ggunners

Postby ggunners » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:22 pm

For the USB to Serial 9-pin converter, . You can find these for about $5 in some places. Just plug it into a USB port and ignore it and it will add a COM port to your computer. Also a USB modem usually works too but may cost more.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Return to General Discussions