[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - graphics question...

graphics question...

Re: graphics question...

Postby ggunners » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:10 pm

I thought of something that might be interesting to try.

Recreate the model's DirectX file by using MetasequoiaLE, opening the .mqo file and then saving as the .x DirectX file. If nothing else, it would be a fresh .x file that might correct a data transport or unzip error. You can always download the original version if things get worse.

You can get the old version of here.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby spoonerrw » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:27 am

there are 2 direct x files in the "pareditor" folder but neither is extensioned by "mqo"...
D3DX9ab.dll
DXErr9ab.dll
these are the only two files i can find relating to directx in the program folder. which one would i re-save?

i kinda want to go backwards for a minute and regroup.
what is the typical FPS?
what bit is the game designed to run in? 8, 16, or 32?
what is the color pallette? 256 or 16 million?

thanks!
spoonerrw

Postby ggunners » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:30 pm

An .mqo file is for the specific model and is the original 3D of the model before being rendered to DirectX.

I lock my FPS to vertical blank or 60 FPS. I found running high FPS to be less stable on some of my machines but just fine on a fast one running over 100 FPS.

As far as palette and bits for the color and the FMS design, only the developers know for sure. I run 16-bit graphics with FMS and my computer is running 32-bit.
ggunners

Postby spoonerrw » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:09 pm

that is how mine is set as well... 16 bit on fms and 32 on my pc. i also get 60 fps.
the only model that has an mqo file is the pitts? should every model have its own? i have checked the other folders and found only that one file.

you will find this interesting though... i left fms set as, is but changed my nvidia color setting to 8 bit. the deformation, transparency, half rendered objects, and streaks are gone! the overall graphics are a little rough and model props are a series of dots, but much improved. i stumbled across a post where it was said that this game is in 256 color which makes sense as the game was designed in 2004.

making a little progress :D
spoonerrw

Postby ggunners » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:47 pm

I just reread your original post and you have XP Media Edition. There are additional graphics concerns with the Media Edition as it supports output to televisions and there are things inside Media Edition that make it different than standard XP.

I am not a Media Edition expert, the graphics drivers may be the same but something that Media Edition allows you to do over a standard XP desktop may be what's messing up your graphics rendering.

You could always try going back to an older version of the Nvidia drivers but most folks do not like going back after upgrading to newer drivers.

I do not run mine in 256 color mode, it is just fine with more bits per pixel.

Have you played around with the other graphics settings like mip-mapping and tru-alpha?
ggunners

Postby spoonerrw » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:08 pm

yeah, that would explain a lot of this and i never considered that. you are right though... going back on drivers would not be my first choice, lol. i actually went in to the compatability tab on the fms properties window and selected 256 in compatability. this allows the game to change color setting while it is running, then back when not. it is a little rough around the edges graphics wise, but doable. i havent tried working with the advanced settings, but now that i have a workable image, i will. changing these in the fms simply adds or removes subtle details, but since i have this attached to its own profile in the nvidia control panel... i can work a little at a time from there.
ill keep ya posted Gunner... thanks :D
spoonerrw

Postby tj_blues » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:59 pm

Hi guys;
I think I have work-around solution for problems with Nvidia drivers: I run FMS though VirtualBox (in my case on Linux box). Graphics is not perfect, but at least I can see landscape and plane :-)

cheers TJ
tj_blues

Previous

Return to General Discussions