AR Drone

AR Drone

Postby Moonray » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:38 am

Hello everyone

I'm trying to use FMS to train a littlebit for my AR Drone 2.0. I'd be satisfied with a coaxial heli model as the Micro 47 G. But my Problem is, that i dont get the Pitch working as it would be in real life: I always have to hold the pitch mapped control on the joypad to hold the model at a certain level. What i need is more something where i can control the delta of the hight. In other words: If i take the model to a specific hight and take hands off the pitch control the model should hold its height an hover wherever it is.

Is it possible to approach this? Any hints?

Perhaps i'm just mapping to the wrong control or do i need to manipulate the model itself?

Btw: I'd be great if someone could import the AR Drone model to fms

Kind Regards!
Moonray

Re: AR Drone

Postby KEW » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:52 pm

Hi Moonray,

You need to use a controller that has no centering spring on the left vertical stick (throttle). Microsoft or Logitech flight sticks work well, or you could buy a controller that simulates an R/C transmitter. You can find references to this in the controller section of this forum.

Regards,
KEW
KEW

Re: AR Drone

Postby broken850 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:36 am

Does your transmitter have a plug location for the USB adapter to hook up to the computer for simulator practice?
broken850

Return to General Discussions