[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - The Use of Bryce 5 - Landscaping via Bryce 5

The Use of Bryce 5 - Landscaping via Bryce 5

Postby themajestic » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:01 pm

I am inquiring about how to create landscapes using Bryce 5 as I have it installed and I have been using it for 6 years. Do I need any plugins? Can I create .scn's with the Bryce UI by perhaps renaming the .bmp format?
Thank you
themajestic

Postby Rekvin » Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:41 am

Hi. I've experimented with Bryce 5 to make the landscapes for FMS (It's perfect to create sky texture with it). The landscape format in FMS is very simple, and it is only bitmaps controlled by a "height bitmap". Not real modelled landscapes with 3D software.

What I've done is to create landscape texture with bryce, and render it from top. Then I split the rendered bmp into smaller pieces, and specify the position in the .scn file. I also take screenshot of the "height bitmap" (the greyscale topography map in bryce that defines the height of the mountains). Then I use this as the bitmap that makes the topography in the FMS landscape.

If the mountains seems too low in FMS, open the topography image in a photo editor.. and for example increase the contrast. Then the white parts get more white.. and the dark more dark... or remove the contrast if you want it more flat.

Take a look at landscape Rekvin18 on my site. It's a landscape made with help of Bryce (you find it under Landscapes G1). :)
Landscapes for FMS
http://rekvin.dyndns.org/fms
Rekvin

Postby Flyguy35 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:34 am

hey my name is bryce :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Flyguy35

Return to Landscapes