[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - FMSXYZ New Version V1.1.0

FMSXYZ New Version V1.1.0

Postby smcxx66 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:40 pm

don't worry Icsaba,

if you load enough of those reflex sceneries...you'll actaully
see half trees..lol

yeap..those center sections of the panorama that looks black..
when you zoom in you actually see people, trees or cars..lol

I know of an artist on flickr that dose his photo perfectly.
can't remember his sign in name but i recognize his photos.
I have his panorama loaded, it's clear..but it's also driving
the heck out of my vedio driver. i had to play with my driver
to begin with and my lastest up date seems to do the trick.

i also notice his files are a bit bigger to start off with, then others.

that why i can't use G3 to begin with, my screen sticks for a namo
sec. and that wasn't going to get to real for me. G3 warns you
about this or say you won't have the G3 experince without a
powerful PC.lol
PF also knows this, that why there's a less quality of the same scenery
that you can download.

I loaded a stock FMS into my parents PC when visiting. holy scmoly..that pc is old..it didn't even move in the regular FMS scenery.lol

I tried FMSXYZ..i load one of the reflex scenery..i dosn't look right.
maybe I'm doing something wrong.
smcxx66

Postby smcxx66 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:22 am

smcxx66

a scenery canvas for those spaceships.lol

Postby smcxx66 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:45 pm

Incase you get tire of fields and wanna fly those spaceship models.lol

complete overhead shot and under your feet shot.
notice how everything gets stretch the on top and bottom of the
canvas., just like anartica or the north pole.

it's imposiable to stitch a full canvas like that.
Notice how most R/C canvas gets painted out on top and bottom.

if you an over head shot of the sun...the sky box would be very
helpful to place a moon or sun on the over head posistion.

you can also load an earth's map. it'll look like you're flying
around from the inside of the earth. lol Everything is backwards
like it should be, if you get confuse just flip the image via horizon.
Last edited by smcxx66 on Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.
smcxx66

oops

Postby smcxx66 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:46 pm

sorry double post
smcxx66

Postby lcsaba » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:12 pm

Last edited by lcsaba on Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
lcsaba

Postby smcxx66 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:57 pm

smcxx66

Postby smcxx66 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:47 am

smcxx66

Postby lcsaba » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:01 am

lcsaba

Postby smcxx66 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:53 am

Icsaba,

i used window's note pad to open up the .scn.
So i translate everything to english to my own liking
or I just use numbers to assign those 6 panels.

numbers below the 4 objects.
not sure what all those numbers are for..perhaps all the crash pionts.
I can see the posistion of those 4 images.

I black everything out except the for sign.lol
only the sign gets display..
haven't looking into moving those objects way, way out
so it wouldn't matter.

oh yeah a fence would be nice. I looked inside one of the reflex
sceneries the carrier deck..it looks to me those cash piont
are negative photo images looking like. How to make them ???
beats me.

if you look at the couple of picture I posted , i don't have a problem
with quilty images via skybox...the raptor and dago red.

on the raptor, i painted the skin myself.lol

smcxx66

Postby lcsaba » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:40 pm

Hello,

I would like to summarize my experiences how to create FMS panorama landscapes using FMSXYZ and FMS_PL, and hoping that Perry would have time to improve FMSXYZ I am collecting the present bugs, and giving some thoughts, how to improve FMSXYZ in the future. A lot of things can be done. I hope finally spherical mapping would be possible as well. (In this posting I will not deal with the “sky” problem.)

1. “,” is used instead of “.”, I have downloaded the last version.

2. If the 2*8 pictures are produced by FMS_PL two pixels overlapping should be used.

This is the first picture U, V> X, Z, Y mapping of FMS_PL. This is perfect. No white stripes are visible.

TEXTURE 1-1
254.75 254.75 212.13 212.13 0
254.75 0.25 212.13 212.13 256
0.25 0.25 0 300 256
0.25 254.75 0 300 0

0.25, and .75 suggests me the two pixels overlapping. By the way FMS_PL can make the pictures from .jpg pictures as well. The size of the picture made by PTGui varies, if it is bigger than a limit, the FMS_PL error message is sent, no reason code is given. Finally I figured out that if the picture is converted to .bmp it is ok.

Remark: Some postings before I suggested to smcxx66 finding a conversion program, and converting spherical photos made for reflex to cylindrical. Now I guess it is possible that this type of converter doesn’t exits. The reason is that a parameter should be given to the converter.
The spherical goes up to the zenith. If it would be converted the zenith would be infinitely far away.
TreeHuggers example above gives 60 degrees as “maximum”. PTGui can not make “normal” pictures above a certain degree. FMS_PL and FMSXYZ requires +/- 45 degree cylinders.

If somebody would like to play with cylindrical pano I can offer what I am making. The first which is now licensed similar to the presented one, see above.

Possible improvements:
The design goal of FMSXYZ is to visualize and make editable the 3D sceneries.
1. Ddwanner has already asked to have this feature in the case of panorama pictures. Perry said if he had time he would look after this. Now I have to tell you, that in certain conditions the crash object (I am playing with) is visible. If edited in the .scn text file the position is properly presented, it can be moved but the coordinates are not kept.
2. The size problem. Some posting above, I have mentioned this problem. TreeHugge, if I understood him well, has said that because we have panorama picture, which is in fact a wall painting, either on a cylindrical or a globular “wall” (or box) and the observer is in the middle there is no sense to talk about distances. BUT my landscapes diameter is about 600 meter; meanwhile the FMSXYZ diameter is 2400. I have made a change. I have divided each X, Z, Y number with 4. The result is a view which is identical to the big one but if the airplane is flying towards the wall it crashes earlier, and therefore its size is bigger at the moment of crashing. It would be nice to introduce a scale factor at FMSXYZ. I can do by editing. Now it is easy because there are 16*4 lines only, but later this number can be bigger (better approximation, spherical mapping).

Finally I have to mention, that I have find out the reason why are so enormous U, V to X, Z, Y, mapping lines at Riesa crash objects definitions. The black background is not a black square instead the contour of the object. Therefore not the four vertices of the black square are defined, instead all vertices of the polygon covering the object.
My effort now is to use squares even if those are not covering the object (tree) but inside the tree. In this case the “skirt” of the object will be on the remote wall. I am not expecting collision problem, mainly because the collision points of various FMS models are very incidental any way, but how the model will disappear behind those is a question.
lcsaba

Postby smcxx66 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:47 pm

Hi Icsaba

when you get a chance can you look at the MSC Achim scenery.
it's map out all wierd...kind of like he wants to go cylinder.

But if you run it under the heli .scn there's simulated chalk lines
and little flags, the model gose behind the flags..i use the FMS X cars.lol
There's some seriouse maping numbers in the .scn files

Also, can you look in the Arzier scenery, while the fisheye might
be off on those .bmp files.

There's a 3D file and a text in the .scn file
3D_TEXTURE 3d
What dose that do ? you don't need it, but why is it in there ?

I'm interest in your cyclinder project.

I know I can make 3d object and map it into the skybox.
i did it in PF already. So it's just a matter of me making
objects or using perry's lol and mapping it into the skybox.
Thanks for pionting out that you can actaully fly behinde those objects
in the Reisa scene...I didn't know that...yeah the .bpm files are sqaure
painting black just make it trasparent.
smcxx66

Postby smcxx66 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:33 pm

hello

i just notice something. Just messing around.
I took a 360 cylinder panorama photograph and tried to make a
complete sphere or equirectangular out of it.
If I don't put the horizon at the equator it gets projected incorrectly.

the photograph I'm working with left me with a greater aera to
airbrush in the sky. i use a cloning airbursh to get better color macthing.

anyway, I think having the horizon at the center of a picture is key
to haivng proper projection weather you chose, polygon, shpere,
or skybox.
smcxx66

Previous

Return to Landscapes