[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - FMSXYZ New Version V1.1.0

FMSXYZ New Version V1.1.0

FMSXYZ New Version V1.1.0

Postby Perry » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:48 pm

FMSXYZ V1.1.1

(Those who Downloaded v 1.1.0 please download v.1.1.1 ... there is an error when you view the hight dist map in version 1.1.0 that has been repaired in version 1.1.1)

Another update;

http://polywop.com/fms/FMSIndex.html

You can now mirror your objects as well as Rotate and scale them, while in FMSXYZ.
Additionally you can now load some landscapes that would previously not load.
New Landscapes can now be created from scratch, there are a large variety of sizes and matrix combinations. Note the sizes larger than 6 x 6, though they can be created, will not display properly in FMS unless tileing is used. This is a limitation in FMS . Tiling is a tecnique by which you can assign multiple matrices to one texture. As yet Tiling must be edited by hand.
New Panoramic scenes can now be created in FMSXYZ. Panoramic Textures must be Matriced in 16 different texture maps before they can be entered into FMSXYZ.
The Landscape forum appears to be about dead.
Wonder if there is anyone out there.

When you lead you walk alone.
Hope someone enjoys this. ... I did.

Perry
Perry

fmsxyz1.1.1

Postby Clive » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:20 am

I still have a problem with fmsxyz1.1.1 Maybe it works ok with linux, but not with win98.

A typical line of code following a texture statement describing an object might be: 1 2 3 4 5
Where 1 and 2 are the fields describing the source bitmap position, and fields 3, 4 and 5 are the fms landscape placement (with spaces or tabs as separators). When fmsxyz is used to resize, rotate or whatever, the properties of the fields 3, 4 and 5 (landscape positioning) are expected to change - however there is a problem with field 2.
Field 2 is also included in the fmsxyz resize/rotate calculation and it is appended to field 3 (ie the separator is lost between fields 2 and 3)

eg if resize of 2x is applied to the line of code 1 2 3.0 4.0 5.0 it should read 1 2 6.0 8.0 10.0 however it becomes 1 46.0 8.0 10.0 which is in error

Otherwise I think fmsxyz seems to be a very nice program

Clive
Clive

Postby Wyu » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:21 am

This is a great program >Super :D
what I'm working on
:shock:
Wyu

Problems

Postby Perry » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:02 pm

Clive

Could you do me a favor?
I'm running WinXP and I don't see the problem you're having.
Evidently XP treats string concatenation diferrently than 98.
I think I have solved the issue, but not having access to 98 I'm not sure.
Please download this updated file and let me know if you still have the problem.

http://www.polywop.com/fms/FMSXYZ.zip

I would like to resolve this issue as soon as possible.
After you install it and before you experiment with the new version, please first verify that the version is 1.1.2
Give me feedback and let me know whether the Mirror, Rotate, & Scale functions perform properly.
Thank you. Hope to hear again from you soon.

Perry
Perry

Landscape

Postby Perry » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:13 pm

WYU
You're landscape appears to be coming along nicely.
Looks good. Hope to see a download soon. :)

Perry
Perry

Have you Considered

Postby ddwaner » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:56 pm

The program shows blank flying field screen when I load in a panoramic field (just a little person and a airplane). Have you considered getting your program to work with these. I am working on getting a scene I made for Reflex called 4H_Camp_Winter_H_WV_USA so that new flyers can practice where we fly. I have the scene working as a panorama but with no collision. The scenes for example might be ServiceHigh, RainbowStadium etc. I also have the 4H_Camp FMS panorama on my FTP site, its a little large for download, 40meg. Any of the 3 might be a good debugger.
Here is my web site if you want to see my scenes.
http://rcflyerscu.hobby-site.org

Thanks for considering...

:)
ddwaner

Panoscenery

Postby Perry » Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:21 pm

Yes I have considered it. Am still considering it. Brainstorming.
The thing about a pano scene is that the scene itself is a 3 dimentional object. which FMSXYZ still displays at the moment as a mark on a landscape, but a panoscene has no landscape under normal conditions as such, and a height distance map is optional and will work only with a SCENE command.
Panoscenery is made to be viewed from the center else it doesn't display well. FMSXYZ places objects from an overhead perspective.
It's certainly not an impossible task, but how to proceed will take some thought. When FMSXYZ was originally made Panoscenery was not in my book of definitions so I'm having to rethink the entire construction of scenery.
In the mean time even though the field is blank, you can still place objects or crash zones in FMSXYZ Panoscenes. Distance perspective of objects will require a little experimentation though.

Perry
Perry

Experimentation

Postby ddwaner » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:07 pm

I have the scene in the Reflex RSK format and I dont think there is a way to directly export the .wlp file it to anything. I still have not gave up on Metaseq Le and output to .x then .geo, from the Forum text ServiceHigh was done that way and the collisions on it are not bad. I use the RSK a lot and have tried Lightwave, Caligari and others. I just need to make some basic crash points. The scene I made for Reflex looks good on FMS and the ground operates good about everywere. A good scenery constructor for FMS panorama's would move it to a quality simulator like Reflex without the D O N G L E problems. If you want to try the panorama I have so far, email me and I'll send you the ftp download location. It really is close in look to the version for Reflex.

:wink:
ddwaner

panoscenery

Postby Perry » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:11 pm

I don't have a Reflex RSK utility nor do I have another RC simulator than FMS.
I found it difficult enough to understand the format that FMS uses with the limited info available. I'ts been like butting my head against a wall.
FMSXYZ is a utility for use with FMS. I'm certainly not opposed to increasing it's useability, and Panoscenery is a definite area I would like to further develop. But at this moment being a 1 man act here, FMSXYZ will have to stay limited to being a companion of FMS.
I certainly would like to see your pano scenery. E-Mail me @ perrymiller22@hotmail.com and I'll be happy to look at it.

Perry
Perry

Version

Postby ddwaner » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:27 am

I am running Version 2.0 Alpha 8.5 with autozoom on and No Auto to 20m and Full set at 40m, speed 25%. The E-Flite Mini Edge fly's good and looks good.
There seems to be even less info on the panorama setup. I'm have'n problems understanding where

501 150 -571.625920 1615.828000 -38.413681
492 107 -562.602170 1590.815400 35.242081
-581 105 -562.213200 -1451.117800 38.414639
-581 148 -571.238280 -1450.247600 -35.250359

is in FMS panorama 8x2 grid space. Looks like its way out there.
Here is FMS screen grab.

One more with a little more color
ddwaner

New Panos

Postby Perry » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:53 am

I like the looks of that last one. Looks warmer.
It has some interesting close-in objects that may present
a crash zone challenge. :)
Perry

Point Location

Postby Perry » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:41 pm

As of yet in FMSXYZ the farthest point in a pano landscape is 1200 to -1200 in both X and Z Axis.
Imagine if you will an octagon with the pilot in the center facing the top of the landscape as it shows on the screen.
The farthest point left of you is -1200, the farthest point right of you is 1200, the farthest point below you is -1200 the farthest point above is 1200.
So the point position example you gave will be out beyond the outer edge of the landscape.
The next version of FMSXYZ I'm planning a scaling option for the Pano scene so you can set your own Panoscene limits. 1200 is however a good median value (it was used in the highschool scene as well) so I'll probably make that value default.
Perry

Postby coder1024 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:18 pm

coder1024

Clearin Pictures from my server soon

Postby ddwaner » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:50 am

ddwaner

Postby lcsaba » Fri May 18, 2007 2:38 pm

Hello Perry,

I am brand new in this FMS landscape business, and need some help.
Following advices of ddwanner, I have downloaded three panorama airfields from rc-sim.de, among those 4H_Camp_Winter. Those are working fine for me. I would like to create my own airfield. I have downloaded FMSXYZ but now the version 1.1.3 is available, not 1.1.1.

I started to play with it. There are two obstacles in front of me, at least now.
I have tried to modify the standard FMS "World" using FMSXYZ. The wiev is very nice and easy to copy new trees, or relocate the pilot for instance. But after saving and starting, FMS signals error message: Floating point value expected at: -163,67 -128,91....

In fact I would like to create a new panorama landscape. I have already made 2*8 photos. I see a problem. My Konica Minolta makes 4*3 pictures but to have continous pano, approximatelly 20% should be cut on one sides.
In principle it can be done with Windows Paint brush.

Is it necessary to load FMSXYZ with 1024*1024 photos, because in this case it is not enough to cut on one side but somehow it has to be transformed.

But for the time being my problem is that no pictures can be inserted into the 2*8 sqares presented by FMSXYZ because the program asks for Sky texture map, and I have no idea how to do this.

This is the reason why I have started to study "word" and FMSXYZ because there is a SKYTEX reference in the SCN file, and a Skytex .bmp file in the folder.

How to insert Sky texture map into a New Scene?

Regards

Laszlo
lcsaba

Next

Return to Landscapes