[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Create scenaries for fms

Create scenaries for fms

Create scenaries for fms

Postby stefanor » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:30 am

stefanor

Postby lcsaba » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:31 pm

lcsaba

Postby stefanor » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:35 pm

stefanor

Postby lcsaba » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:43 pm

I will try to explain the meaning of each number. Your English is perfect for me because I am a Hungarian.

There is not too much to do with FMSXYZ in your case. It is displaying the "ground" of normal 3D landscapes where the pictures are attributes of QUDRANT command, and the position of objects which are denoted by, AIRCRAFT, PILOT, and POSITION commands.
If you open your .scn file using FMSXYZ you will see the Pilot and Aircraft symbols.
If you open my Telki you will see a lot of red circles pointing to the “Crash” objects.

AIRCRAFT_POSITION 3 0 0 0
PILOT_POSITION 0 0 1.7 FIXED

The first two numbers are x, y coordinates the third is the height position of aircraft, pilot and the camera. In this example the aircraft if loaded will stand at the x=3 y=0 position the pilot is at the center. The 1.7 (be careful always “.” should be used as decimal point.) the camera position at the head of the pilot.

FIXED is a very important command. If used the camera remain fixed, the “View” can not be “chase”. In my test Landscapes FIXED is deleted, but normally “chase” can not be used if the .scn file is similar to yours.

In your case the QUADS command is used.

QUADS

-1000 -1000 30
-1000 1000 -30
1000 1000 -30
1000 -1000 30

This is a transparent “virtual” ground sheet. The shadow of the flying or taxiing model is visible on this sheet.

It should be transparent because the mapping (explained) later is projecting the lower part of your pictures below this sheet. The bottom picture and the lower parts of the four side picture can be seen through his transparent sheet.
If this is missing the loaded aircraft will fall down to the “bottom. It is a 2000m*2000m square. It is tilted. This was necessary for the designer of your sample Landscape. If the horizon of your pictures is properly set the height values should be 0. It is possible to tilt, push up or down the sheet as needed. The example above is tilted with 30m’s at the borders, but at the aircraft position the height is “0”.

Pushing up, for instance deleting the “-‘ sign before the 30numbers is possible but the aircraft and pilot must be higher than this sheet. If pushed up with 30 the third number of pilot position should be 31.7.

3D_LANDSCAPE 3d , This command can be deleted in your case. If 3D landscape were created this should refer to a picture name which is the Gray coded height picture.

LIGHTNING OFF . I don’t know exactly, it should be “on” (this is the default setting) if COLOR command is used to define the color of various objects. If it is “OFF” the objects are white.

TEXTURE droite
254.75 254.75 -1024 -1024 -1024
254.75 0.25 -1024 -1024 1024
0.25 0.25 1024 -1024 1024
0.25 254.75 1024 -1024 -1024

TEXTURE command refers to a BMP picture. The size of the pictures must be binary, I don’t know the limits. I have tested pictures with the size of 512*512 and works.

This is the mapping command. FMS accepts only squares, which means four line command should be used.
If triangle is needed like at Telki sky pictures mapping, the triangles which are near the zenith in fact squares where the coordinate values are the same accordingly. (This mapping have been designed by TreeHugger.)

This SKYBOX mapping is the simplest one.

The points on the picture (droite) should be mapped to a point in the virtual space of the FMS landscape.
The first two numbers are the so called U, V coordinates. In the first line U=254.75 , V= 254.75 is a corner point of the picture, this point (PIXEL) should be positioned to the lower left and back corner of a cube (BOX) . The U,V coordinates are between 0 and 255.
The 0.25 correction is needed to overcome the fitting problem of the pictures. If it is not applied white stripes are visible.

The SKYBOX mapping is the simplest because the four corner points of the picture are enough to be defined, and those are mapped to the corner points of a virtual cube with the size of 2048 m.
The positioning of points (pixels) in between are computed by FMS and the graphic processor.

The pictures should be Rectiliear panorama pictures.

You should know that the order of the four lines is very important (this is the case with QUADS as well) If it is clock wise or counter clock wise (1,2,3,4 > 4, 3, 2, 1) is defining if the front or back side of the square is visible.

To create panorama landscape using FMSXYZ for the time being is not possible or recommended.
I have made one using FMS_PL and FMSXYZ one after other, but it is not easy. First of all for distortion free mapping Cylindrical panorama photo is needed.
The sky picture is not fitting. I have posted something about this under “FMS_PL and FMSXYZ” you can see the problems there. The result can be downloaded.
lcsaba

Postby stefanor » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:17 pm

Hey, Telki_BMP is very very beautiful, compliments. Tomorrow will try to study what you have written and your scenario. I hope to understand something. where i can found FMS_PL?
I have try to use FMSXYZ for make panoramic scene but in fms 2.85 ha error in floating point. Do you know why?

Hello e many thanks
stefanor

Postby lcsaba » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:17 pm

There is an error in FMSXYZ. Creating new file Notepad "change" comand should be used and replace the "," with "." Dot, instead of comma.
It can be done manually.

Sorry but I don't remember where could I find FMS_PL.
Please search for it on the FORUM.

If can not find I can collect on my PC and send it to you.
lcsaba

Postby TreeHugger » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:02 pm

TreeHugger

Postby stefanor » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:11 am

stefanor

Postby lcsaba » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:36 am

lcsaba

Postby smcxx66 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:01 pm

smcxx66

Postby lcsaba » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:39 pm

lcsaba

Postby smcxx66 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:10 pm

do it Isaca.

I know chase is posiable in skybox or panorama.
You can do it in Preflight.

I'm still an R/C guy thou or havn't mounted a cam to one my model
yet

Okay..how do I change the quad size in the 3D Terrian.

In Skybox
I know if I increase pano textrue mapping numbers
from 1024 to 2048. it makes a differents. Not the .bmp
but the numbers in the .scn file

So what numbers do i change for 3D ?

The quads ?

4096..i tried that. It error out my PC or my vedio card is not big
enough.

High pixels comes into play when I'm in auto zoom mode
when it zoom in. it's bascailly the same as blowing up the images.

but it's like a semi chase mode. I guess if you adjust the auto zoom

The rest of the sims use the pano i use..
I can't imagin my pano can be worst or wrong .lol
smcxx66

Postby lcsaba » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:24 pm

lcsaba

Postby lcsaba » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:54 pm

lcsaba

Postby TreeHugger » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:51 pm

Sorry lscaba,

we can not have an informed discussion in this way. You will need to make a clear statement or ask a precise question and I will contribute to the best of my knowledge. But I'm unwilling to whack my way through pages over pages of ranting and guesswork. Some of it is certainly correct, another part is ambiguous and the rest is just hogwash. It's not the readers task to bring some order into your thoughts first, it's yours. All you'll get as a response is unrelated and pointless drivel, as you have just seen.

Additionally, an exchange should consist of argument and counter-argument, otherwise I'd consider it ignorant. I'v given quite a detailled explanation as to why the combo of panorama and chase-view is geometric nonsense, even if the button seems to work. Still you keep suggesting this as if you haven't read or understood what I've said. Look up "parallax error" and tell me what you've found. An additional opinion without any factual argument doesn't make it true, you know.

Regards
TreeHugger

Next

Return to Landscapes