[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - N00b Landscaping Question

N00b Landscaping Question

N00b Landscaping Question

Postby adamm725 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:01 am

How do i make just a simple landscape. Like just a Airstrip and a grassy area?
adamm725

Postby smcxx66 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:07 am

Read up on this....

http://rcp.web.infoseek.co.jp/Rc_hp2/fm ... ry_te.html

Bascailly you can just paint the run way on.

The hieght distrubtion will give the terrain hight (valley, hills..etc)
If you paint it white ...it'll flatten that area to the lowest piont.

The darker..the higher.

If you want better looking grass or a runway.

Download the 3D scenery that I made.
smcx3d or something like that..it's in a thread in this section.

There's data in my .scn file already...so all you have to
do is copy and paste it into your own .scn file.

bascailly I mapped in the grass and runway and helipad.

you can change the location of the heli pad to play around.

To obtain a photolistic grass area..i minmap in the grass.

if you look in the .scn
look for
////////////////////
grass
/////////////
or terrain or whatever I named it.
Bascailly I only use 1-ea grass texture
1-ea runway texture

u,v x,y,z...

notice I increase the U,V for the grass to some outrageous number
to obtain the grass with better pixel....The panel gets displayed repeatedly.

I did that becuase FMS has limited objects you can map in.
It's better anyway, with just one click..you can map a big area.

the first two colume = the u,v
U,V is the texture or image. generally it's 256x256

the x,y,z.....(the last 3 colume)
this is how BIG or small the image gets pasted on to the location
you choose for it.

if I put 5 5 .01.....basially it's 5x5 and .01 thick

sometimes I'll put 5 10 .01
I bascailly stretch that image...like the runway

example...

i basically cram in 20000x20000 pixel into an area of 150x150
.01 thick

the number 10 is just allows for overlaps

helipad example

I made it 6x6....you can make that as big or small as you wish.

I put transparent becuase in FMS BLACK is for transparent.
The helipad is a circle...my picture was squard..so I out line
the helipad with a black circle. The black dosn't show.

Download some paint or art software.

I use Artweaver and GIMP, Both of these software are FREE

In gimp by using the tools options you'll visually see the u,v,x,y,z
mapping. it might help you to grasp it better if you visually see it
and move all those pionts around and see how the image gets
streched or shear.

making a scenery for FMS....you're just doing it manually.

here an example...notice the 4 pionts (little square).
Notice there's 4 line of math in the .scn files for a panel or object.

I'm bascailly making a new skin for a raptor v2 for FMS or heli-x
smcxx66

Return to Landscapes