[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Practice course (Red Bull Air Race like)

Practice course (Red Bull Air Race like)

Practice course (Red Bull Air Race like)

Postby lcsaba » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:33 pm

lcsaba

Practice course:

Postby KEW » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:35 pm

Hi,
I downloaded your pylon course and gave it a try. When I opened it in FMS 8.5, all I could see was the ground, the pylons, a black background all round with vertical grey lines high up, and a black square with a tree in it.
This last item told that the "TRANSPARENT" command was not working.
After I reduced the colour resolution to 256 bits on all the .bmp with black background, everything worked as it should.

I tried flying round the course, RC style, but found that I could not do it for several reasons:
I could not navigate the course because I found it too small. Even with a slow plane, I found no room to manouver between the pylon pairs. I could turn OK in a 3D or pattern plane, but then all of my attention was on flying the plane and not on the course.
I could not find an ndicated sequence for flying the course. The pylon pairs appear to be placed purely at random.
The only way I could know where the plane was with the lack of depth perception in the 2D screen was by watching its shadow on the ground. That necessitates flying far too close to the ground. Watching the shadow and the position of the pylons, for me, is input overload.

I will add, however, that once I removed the pylons, the box and the protective cylinder, I enjoyed flying in your panoramic landscape. If you have no objections I will keep your landscape in this form for future flying.

Thanks for the experience.
KEW
KEW

Postby lcsaba » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:51 am

I am quite happy for Your tests. Of course You can use this.

I guess there you can find a better Telki landscape for FMS, at which the background picture setting is "traditional" (http://www.sztaki.hu/~csaba.laszlo/).

The Telki.ZIP and Telki_BMP.ZIP are such, those are the same pictures but first JPEG the second BMP form.
lcsaba

Return to Landscapes