[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - list of fms landscaped to download

list of fms landscaped to download

list of fms landscaped to download

Postby dieorbekilled01 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:20 am

everyone please post your fms landscapes here.
dieorbekilled01

Postby KEW » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:11 pm

I have developed a couple of flying fields. Although the landscapes I have seen in FMS are very picturesque, they really don't fit in with my experiences of real RC flying fields. I live in Ontario, Canada.
The first field I constructed was based on the old "Rodez" landscape from the earlier versions of FMS. I changed the contours, made the ground and trees much more realistic and added a clubhouse. I feel quite at home flying there.
The second field is based on memories of a holiday I spent at a small lake in the Muskokas. The field is called "Little Lake". It has a long firm beach to use as a runway. I have constructed a dock to fly floatplanes from. There is a retrieval boat tied up alongside. There is a cabin, a picnic table and trees. The field is strictly for RC style flying because the backdrop is a tree panorama and the reflections of the trees in the lake will not move with your point of view.
If anyone would like to try these fields, let me know and I will e-mail them to you inn .zip packages.
KEW

Re: list of fms landscaped to download

Postby crustyosc » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:52 pm

I am having a problem with getting scenes that I downloaded to work properly. I would like to try yours, but how do I get it into the FMS landscape file to work properly?

Thanks
crustyosc

Postby KEW » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:46 am

Hi crustyosc,

I will send you a .zip file of one of my landscapes to try.
Before you unzip the new field, open the "C:\Program Files\FMS" folder and make a new folder called "Fields" in it. Then open "Fields" and make a folder with the same name as the new field you are un-zipping. That way, all the components of each new field will be in a separate folder, and can be edited or removed easily without messing up any of the others.
Once you have that folder set up, un-zip the new field, using the new folder for the destination.

Open FMS, go to "landscape" and "Load". Then use the Windows File Manager that appears, to go to the new folder.
In the one I am sending you, there will be two choices. Each will show a picture in the window as you select it. Select which starting point you want and select "Open" .... you should then be in another world.
I will send you a PM containing my e-mail. Contact me and I will send you one of my creations.

KEW
KEW

Postby TreeHugger » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:03 pm

TreeHugger

Return to Landscapes