[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - A way to double the maximum number of trees in a landsc:

A way to double the maximum number of trees in a landsc:

Postby TreeHugger » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:35 am

Thank you for the kind offer!
I will have to sort out some recent trouble with my e-mail account first. I will let you know when I'm in "receive-mode" again.

Regards
TreeHugger

Re: A way to double the maximum number of trees in a landsc:

Postby RaWe » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:26 pm

Hello gentlemen,

Am totally new to this and not sure if wanna start. Just out of curiosity, would it be possible to include a complex 3d object, for eg. a helicopter as a static object in a scenery?

regards
RaWe
RaWe

Postby KEW » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:27 pm

Hi RaWe,

I answered the question that you posted in the General Discussion folder before I saw this one. I guess you have read what Treehugger and I were discussing above. We still have not tied any programming limits down to finite numbers, but what we discussed should give you an appreciation of what you can get away with.

Treehugger has made some really stunning photorealistic scenes. They are really worth checking out.

I have played with photographic panoramas, but have had my best results using edited pictures gleaned from the internet. I have made several very natural looking flying sites from bits and pieces. For example, I made a very realistic cabin using the wood from a picture of a barn. the only limit to what you can do is your imagination.

Let us know if you run into problems or need advice.

KEW
KEW

Postby RaWe » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:04 am

Thanks for the reply.

My 3D graphics skills are OK but I don't have a progamming mind....
...if only there's an easier way for me to understand how to insert a static model aircraft into an existing scenery..
RaWe

Postby KEW » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:22 pm

Hi RaWe

If you would like to learn how to add 3D objects to a .scn, I am willing to coach you. It would probably be easier if we communicate using e-mail then we can easily exchange graphic files and examples.

I will send you a private message containing my e-mail address.

Regards,
KEW
KEW

Postby RaWe » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:12 am

Coool offer... thanks!
RaWe

Previous

Return to Landscapes