[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - FMS Training Field

FMS Training Field

FMS Training Field

Postby jwzumwalt » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:40 am

FMS Training Field - http://www.neatinfo.com/public/rc-plane ... -field.zip

Image Image

This was my first attempt at creating a FMS scene. I hope you enjoy it! It took me
about 10hrs to complete it. Now that I am familure with the process, I would expect
it to take me about half the time.

This scene is designed to help beginners stay orientated during the learning process.
Many features have been incorporated to assistance a new flyer. For example the sky
and ground have modest stripes parallel to the runway. The sky stripes help the
beginner remain orientated once the ground is not visible, and often give an
indication of azimuth.

The ground provides gentle sloping hills far enough away that a collision will only
occur if the model has strayed past a reasonable field area. This reinforces
keeping the model in the flight pattern. The field is located in a bowl with gentle
rolling hills in the distance. The gentle rising hills help depth perception and
provide a warning before the model reaches the ground.

A set of red & white extended runway center lines assist in recognizing the runway
threshold. Trees are situated off both ends of the runway center line to assist
orientation during approach. If a modeler learns to keep the aircraft centered between
the trees during landing, the plane’s lateral position is easer to track.

----
3/2/2010 - As noted below, I corrected the "tree" typo :(
Last edited by jwzumwalt on Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:18 am, edited 5 times in total.
jwzumwalt

Re: FMS Training Field

Postby ggunners » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:40 pm

Very nice!

I added a few trees and a longer center line to the world.scn to do the same thing.

I will try this one out and see how well it works.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby KEW » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:35 pm

I tried your training field. It is quite effective. The yellow lines give excellent orientation and I really like the two trees on the approach. They give a very good window to line up in.

I did have trouble running the download at first. I found a typo in the line "TEXTURE training-tree". It should read "TEXTURE training-field-tree". I had to re-do the blacks in the tree bitmap. They were corrupted during the zip - unzip process, but that happens quite often.

I'm looking forward to seeing your next field.

KEW
KEW

Postby Jake Bullit » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:41 pm

Dead link.
Jake Bullit

Postby ggunners » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:48 pm

ggunners

Return to Landscapes