[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - No hints have helped.. XP + FMS 8.5

No hints have helped.. XP + FMS 8.5

No hints have helped.. XP + FMS 8.5

Postby svenhaa » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:05 am

I have the V2 8.5 program from the website. There is NO reaction using the ESky 4Ch 0404 Transmitter.

My acer notebook running on XP even has an RS232 port.. - so don't tell me I have to simulate one?

Have tried this:
- downloaded the .dll file mentioned in the forum, d3drm.dll, put it on the /program files/fms folder.
- Plugging the usb cable to the computer AND to the usb hub (this one's USB1.0)
- Keeping and removing the crystal.

Works ok with keyboard, but only if I use an external one.

The retailer refers me to the forum for a dll file which will solve all my problems.

What next, please?

Regards,
Sven
svenhaa

Postby aeropal » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:44 pm

Take the initiative to enter 0404 in the forum search feature and research previous related discussion.
-
aeropal

Got the 404 working!

Postby svenhaa » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:46 pm

Thanks for the advice, putting me on the track (internal switches). With all the hints shown in this forum, I feel kind of lucky sorting this out after quite a lot of trial/error. Many of them seem completely irrelevant to my setup. (I've heard that with an RS232 on my computer, I don't need to fool it to believe there is one, and it will operate on the USB.)

For all of you struggling with the same, here's one recipe to try out:
Under the leftmost battery, the switch is upwards.
Under battery #2, the switch is upwards
Under battery #3, switch 1 is down and switch 2 is upwards.

Calibrations: 4,3,1,2 from top, for the planes (the two-motor transporter has no balance rudders). Channel 4 & 1 are inverted.
For the helis: 1,3,4,2, with 1 and 4 inverted.

I guess other combination of the internal switches could affect the channel settings! But now it works and I don't need to mess with it.

Phew! Now it's down to landing these over-sensitive birds nice and smoothly.

Hep!
svenhaa

Remember to unplug the crystal!

Postby svenhaa » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:10 pm

If you want to save batteries while simulating, unplug the crystal. It burns considerable power.
svenhaa

Return to Windows-Version