[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Which FPS is normal ?

Which FPS is normal ?

Postby peter21 » Wed Feb 20, 2002 1:41 pm

I have a Athlon 900MHz witz 384MB Ram, Geforce 2MX-32MB and Windows 98 with DirectX 8.1.

FMS beta7 runs very slow. How many FPS should I see?
peter21

Postby Shinichiro_Nishiya » Wed Feb 20, 2002 2:18 pm

Do you boot other software (Internet Explorer, Word processor, Multi media software and others.) in your PC when you play FMS?
If you do so, it is not good for the resource of the PC and this causes low frame rate in FMS.
You don't need them when you play FMS.

Try to close them or deleting them from the start up menu.

Shinichiro Nishiya
Aomori city, Japan

Shinichiro Nishiya
Aomori city, Japan
Shinichiro_Nishiya

Postby peter21 » Wed Feb 20, 2002 2:26 pm

There is only ZoneAlarm Firewall running (Testet with Tast-Manager). I can remove it to Test.

Today evening I will test to install newer VIA 4in1, Detonator Driver for Geforce an reinstall DirectX 8.1.

But the question: How many FPS shoud i see. What is normal, more than 20, more than 25, more than 30, ...... .
peter21

Postby solo » Wed Feb 20, 2002 4:15 pm

it depends on a number a factors. however, as guide for your machine, before take off, i would expect atleast 25 fps.

rgds.
Share wat u know, learn that u don't
solo

Postby peter21 » Wed Feb 20, 2002 5:09 pm

Thank you!

I have installed FMS the first time and i thougt the low speed is normal, but now i will tune up my Windows for a higher performance.

sorry for my bad english.
peter21

Postby solo » Wed Feb 20, 2002 7:03 pm

if after tunning your windows it remains "slow" , try the files located on FMS homepage written in green.

goodluck.
solo

Postby Shinichiro_Nishiya » Wed Feb 20, 2002 8:49 pm

The fame rate will change by the condition of your PC and FMS setting.
It will also continue to change during in the flight.
When you refer to this, you have to refer to FMS setting too.
It is difficult to say what is the normal FPS.
And I thought to say my FMS frame rate would confuse you.

My condition;
PC
CPU; celeron 433 at 525
3D card; GeForce2 MX 32MB
Main board memory: 192MB
FMS
Resolution; 1024 x 768
Graphics; Fog ON, Smooth texture ON, Textures ON and 32bit color

Big data sceneries and models make the FMS frame rate slower.
This is my frame rate;
In the Swiss scenery with SW-sports airplane;
When the plane in the blue monotone sky: the fame rate is approximately 60 FPS
When the plane in turn near to the ground and the mountains pass through on the screen with high speed: approximately 30 FPS

[url=http://www.hoops.ne.jp/~kimagure-hikoki/index_e.html

(Edited]http://www.hoops.ne.jp/~kimagure-hikoki/index_e.html

(Edited[/url] by Shinichiro Nishiya at 10:21 pm on Feb. 20, 2002)
Shinichiro_Nishiya

Postby Jeroen » Thu Feb 21, 2002 7:36 am

Just to share my frame rate.

CPU; PIII 733 Mhz
3D card; Matrox Millenium G400
Main board memory: 384MB
Windows XP
FMS
Resolution; 1024 x 768
Graphics; Fog ON, Smooth texture ON, Textures ON and 32bit color
Interface: serial PIC
In blue skies my frame rate goes up to 90

(Edited by Jeroen at 9:37 am on Feb. 21, 2002)
Jeroen

Postby shinichiro nishiya » Thu Feb 21, 2002 8:38 am

Sorry, I have to say more infomation.

OS ; Windows 98ME
Interface ; Joystick(Dave Brown)

(Edited by shinichiro nishiya at 9:40 am on Feb. 21, 2002)
shinichiro nishiya

Postby peter21 » Fri Feb 22, 2002 3:13 pm

Hello,
thank you for the answers, but there are some errors i made.

The error was corrected as follows.

Some Days ago i make a Mainboard Bios update. After that i install FMS and the performance was very slow.

1. I test Direct3D with C:\Windows\System\DXDiag
result: Soft Rendering O.K., Hardware Rendering fails
2. I change some AGP values of the Bios CMos Setup.
3. Run DXDiag again and the Hardware Rendering works
4. Now FMS show more than 90 FPS (1024x768)

Wow - FMS is a very great Software.
peter21

Postby heliphil50 » Sun Feb 24, 2002 11:18 pm

I have P3 450
Rage Fury pro
256 meg ram
now using Ripmax joystick and jr apex TX (on loan)

I only get 15 / 20 frames at best but still think its great .
fly together
heliphil50

Postby solo » Mon Feb 25, 2002 5:09 pm

i think if u have 20 fps or more before take off , there is no benefit (thou no harm in it) by going any higher, as the the speed of the simulator does not change much above it. this can be tested by choosing 'window' from the "resolution" and by reducing the size of the window and see the frame rate go up.
solo

Postby Jeroen » Tue Feb 26, 2002 7:22 am

My experience with framerates and resolutions were that I always got the highest frame rates when I was not running in a window.

(Edited by Jeroen at 9:24 am on Feb. 26, 2002)
Jeroen

Postby solo » Tue Feb 26, 2002 4:28 pm

agree,yes that could well be the case but my point was that by reducing the size of the 'window' or resolution or unclicking smooth texture u could check how the simulator would 'feel' if u had a faster machine.
solo

Postby The Gster » Tue Feb 26, 2002 5:31 pm

The Simulator Will Run 2 times faster in fullscreen 800*600/1024*768 than in a window.
Thanks The G'ster
The Gster

Next

Return to Windows-Version