[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - FMS Parallel Port Interface LOCKUP, HELP! - When I select the Radio Controller option everything freezes

FMS Parallel Port Interface LOCKUP, HELP! - When I select the Radio Controller option everything freezes

Postby Cash Traylor » Sat Feb 24, 2001 3:26 am

Ok, I have Windows ME, OpenGL drivers running my Voodoo 2 card. Everything in FMS works great until I try to use the parallel port adapter cable to my Hitec Prism 7x radio. Then when I select the I/O port address for my parallel port FMS and Windows Lock up and I have to reset. I checked, and if the cable is unplugged, FMS does not lock up. However, I used the port test program (DOS test program "txint.exe" from the design site for the parallel port cable and it shows good signal on all channels. What is wrong? (running DirectX 8.0). Like I said, this is the only part of FMS that won't work. Help please!
-Cash
Cash Traylor

Postby Cash Traylor » Mon Feb 26, 2001 2:27 am

OK, took the parallel interface apart and replaced the connector with a serial one and built the serial circuit using the schematic on the FMS manual. Same problem, select the TX Controller and the system locks up.
I give up, anyone want to buy a nice serial cable for บ.......
-Cash (Frustrated).
-Cash
Cash Traylor

Postby TPOP » Sat Mar 17, 2001 4:56 am

With the limited info, I would say you did every thing correctly. Assuming you have tried all the differnent setting for the cable, then the only thing I can suggest is that the ME version has a conflict somewhere. I have tried every version of MS, and I am not upgrading from the 98 second until MSX comes out. 2000 messed up to much of my computer, No one had any updates for ME and even though 98 isn't very stable, everyone has written for it so far. I run MS 3.5, 95, 97, 98, 98second, ME, 2000, Back office, and I am beta testing the X version. I use Sys commander at start up.
Tim
Tpop [br]Keep on trying to miss the ground.
TPOP

Return to Windows-Version