[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Display slow motion - Display slow motion

Display slow motion - Display slow motion

Postby AgusK » Fri Mar 02, 2001 8:46 am

Hi Members,
I installed FMS V2.0 Beta 6 successfully on Intel MMX233, 64MB, Windows 98, DirectX-6, on-board graphic card, play using keyboard. The display refreshment was too slow. FRS = 1. Anything need to be checked /set up ?

Thanks.
Agus K
AgusK

Postby Neophlyte » Sun Mar 25, 2001 8:59 pm

Hi,
I have had the same problem with my computer using fms. I have a Compaq 233 amdk-6 with 48mg ram. The frame rate is tolerable if I turn off all the resolution goodies. I think we are just limited by the slow 233 processor speed. As an experiment I downloaded fms on my fathers computer, which is a 600 speed and it runs perfectly. Time to get a beefier computer.
Neophlyte

Postby captain crash » Mon Mar 26, 2001 4:49 pm

Hello!

I don't think its your processor speed - I run FMS at 1024x768 resolution OK on a 233mHz pc / 128mb ram and a Voodoo3 3000 graphics card.

I think its the 3d graphics card that does all the work chaps!
captain crash

Postby michael blott » Sat Jul 21, 2001 12:18 am

I have version 6 with direct x 8 1.3 ghz 256 drram and 32mb video with 3d
At normal screen resolution I get 3-4 frames per sec unless I shut off the background. (textures)

I regularly delete the FMS.ini and init.dat files just to start the program.

Other 3d games and flight simulators have no problems.

Is there a tweek to make it perform better? I am wondering if I have to do some additional configuring of the video card.

I fixed the problem.
I ran direct x diagnosis program in the system tools menu. Textures was not enabled.
Works great now. Thanks FMS team for this fun program.

(Edited by michael blott at 2:54 am on Aug. 12, 2001)
Mike[br]Insanediego[br]http://phreak.mine.nu/drblott/RadioControlProjects.htm
michael blott

Postby Jeff » Sat Jul 21, 2001 12:58 pm

Possible solution!

I have a sony vaio PC-XG38 Laptop with a PIII 650 and 128MB of memory. Most of the time everything works fine but once in a while I am encountering this amazing video slowdown.
In order to correct the problem I have had delete the FMS.INI and the INIT.DAT files in the FMS directory. Then the program runs fine.
If you find this info useful, please check out my website: and rate the products and services you use!
Jeff

Postby Isaac » Sun Jul 22, 2001 9:16 pm

Hi,
I use an even slower computer (Pentium MMX 166MHz with 64Mb of RAM).
My old video board was a Trident TGUI9440 with 2Mb of video RAM, and FMS ran at less than 1 FPS.
So I buyed a Voodoo 3 3000 PCI with 16Mb, and FMS is running now from 15 to 30 FPS (depends on if the screen is full of landscape or if there is only the sky and the model on screen) in 1024x768, high-color, with everything enabled
Isaac
Isaac

Postby AmigaDragon » Tue Aug 14, 2001 8:35 pm

Using a P120 and a 2MB video card it works fine with all the graphics options on and res set to 800x600. My P233MMX laptop however is much slower even with all the graphics options turned off and res set down to 320x240.

(edited later)
Sorry, the P120 has at least a 4MB card.

(Edited by AmigaDragon at 4:53 pm on Aug. 17, 2001)
AmigaDragon

Return to Windows-Version