[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Windows XP running on MAC Intel

Windows XP running on MAC Intel

Windows XP running on MAC Intel

Postby Aaron Jackson » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:27 am

I figured I could run FMS on a mac by partitioning my drive with the software (Boot camp), as recommended for running Windows XP on a Mac and although Windows XP works perfectly and I have loaded only one version of FMS within my XP partition I get an error when launching.
(FMS.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close....)

If this is a comm port issue is there anyone who knows how to fix that on an intel Mac setup? If you have any experience with running FMS on an intel mac with XP installed please let me know.
Cheers,
Aaron
Aaron Jackson

Postby Bobjazz » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:02 am

Hey Aaron,

I had the same problem, and it was the com port problem. I found the answer in an earlier post called "Exception EComPort in module FMS.exe". Scroll down to bunker's post and follow the directions. Basically, you create a new com port and update the registry so that when FMS goes looking for the com port, it finds it. Very easy to follow, step by step directions. and it works!

By the way, I've got a MacBook running XP (bootcamp).

Good Luck,
Bob
Bobjazz

Com Port update

Postby Bobjazz » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:41 am

Well, I've got it to work, but the windows registry hack doesn't seem to "stick" between restarts. So you have to run the registry hack after each restart. (not that bad, just a double-click on the "fms_com_port_fix.reg" file before you run FMS).

Happy Landings,
Bob
Bobjazz

Postby hippo » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:34 pm

hello all,

i am also trying the fix from bunker to get fms working on my macbook.
everything worked up to the registry where i get an error message like "this is no legal registry"
i am not a frequent windows-user. what could be wrong?

rgds from switzerland

hippo
hippo

Thanks Bobjazz

Postby grafen » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:35 pm

I had the same problem until I read your comment.
The registry fix has to be run each time I boot windows.
I'm running Windows XP Home Addition on a MacBook Pro with Parallels.

Thanks
grafen

Return to Windows-Version