[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - I got the solution! (Vista and Win7)

I got the solution! (Vista and Win7)

I got the solution! (Vista and Win7)

Postby mariuw » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:57 pm

Finally i got FMS to work in Vista...

Do the following:

If the VISTA PC has no COM port, FMS will not start.

To solve the problem a "vitual" communications port (COM port) must be installed

1. Click on the Windows [START] button, then double-click "Control panel".

2. Double-click on [Hardware]. The wizzard is launched. Click on [Next]. The search process starts and will take some time.

3. Mark "Yes, I have already connected the hardware."
Then click [Next].

4. Scroll fully down and select "Add a new hardware device."
Then click [Next].

5. Mark "Install the hardware that I manually select from a list."
Then click [Next].

6. Select "Ports (COM & LPT).
Then click [Next].

7. In the left-hand window select "Standard port type", in the right-hand window selectt "Communications port".
Then click [Next].

8. Then click [Next] again and then [Finish].

9. In the Control panel double-click [System], select the register Hardware and click [Device manager].

10. Scroll down to "Ports (COM & LPT)" and expand by double-clicking on "Ports (COM & LPT)".

11. Now you should see the installed communications port marked with a yellow sign containing an exclamation mark
(eg. Communications port (COM4)).

12. Open the Note pad program and enter the text below between, but not including, the dashed lines:
----------------------------------------------------------------
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\SERIALCOMM]
"\\Device\\Serial0"="COM1"
----------------------------------------------------------------
Replace the figure "1" behind COM by the one, you found in step 11.

13. Store the file as "FMS-COM-Port-Fix.reg" on the desktop.

14. Double-click the icon on the desktop and confirm the appearing questions by clicking [OK].

15. Copy the file "d3dm.dll" into the FMS program directory.

Now the virtual communication port should be installed and FMS will start.

Good luck :D
mariuw

FMS adapting to Vista

Postby #1view » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:48 am

re: Step 15. Where do I find the dll file?

Thanks

D
#1view

it's the same

Postby mariuw » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:36 pm

it's the same as all the othter dll. files!
mariuw

Mariuw - My hero

Postby steve_g » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:29 am

Mariuw. You saved me. I was about to do some bios experimenting (at the risk of sleeping on the couch) when I came across your 15 step solution. I have no idea what I did but I followed up to step 14...and hey presto the software worked. Though I'm not sure about the purpose of the .dll step 15 (or your reply on where to obtain it).

I still had to use a USB hub (multi-input device) like some postings suggested to get the transmitter to respond.

Now Mr Marvelous Mariuw, I'm having trouble flying the helicopter. Can you tell me how to convert my brain from a 2 channel to a 4 channel device? Especially since every 5 seconds the 2nd channel receives naughty thoughts interference. :twisted:

Thanks for taking the time to post your solution,
:D
Steve
steve_g

Postby Flypopa » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:54 pm

Mariuw. I got as far as 12. but apart from comming out of this to go to 'note pad' and entering the text as follows. Where is, how do I get to 'notpad' whilst following the instruction sequence?
I have the .dll file ready and waiting.
Update: Mariuw, you are the No: 1. Sused it all out and FMS is now up and running on my Vista OS laptop.
Thanks.
Flypopa

Error w/ *.reg script ...

Postby joshkotecha » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:16 pm

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\SERIALCOMM]

Tried instructions but get error saying edit file must be in binary.
Is there a way to do this via regedit and if so can you help me
w/ directions to regedit ... most important is what is the
lable name and entries????

Thanks,
Josh
joshkotecha

Postby jlolr » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:39 am

Sorry i m french user so my english is limited.
I try the solution and FMS work. Nice but after my computer restart i must install the "FMS-COM-Port-Fix.reg" again to run FMS.
How can i have only one install of "FMS-COM-Port-Fix.reg" ???
jlolr

Postby tombaz » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:51 pm

Hi,
I'm new to RC flying and I can't seem to get the FMS to work.
I'm using vista and a 0404 controller of my E-Sky Lama V4 which is connected with the cable that came with it (usb on one end, what looks a bit like a ps/2 on the end that goes into the controller).
I had the same problem as mentioned above and did everything that the solution said but now when I try and load FMS it says that the "interface not supported".
What does that mean? How can I fix it?

Thanks
Tombaz
tombaz

Postby dicka55 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:55 am

ALERT!

If you Google search "where find d3dm.dll" you will find warnings that it is malware (Trojan)!

Because of this I reluctantly decided not to try and copy this file.
Your anti-viris program should delete it anyway.
dicka55

Postby dicka55 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:46 pm

dicka55

Re: Error w/ *.reg script ...

Postby cgibbo308 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:06 pm

[quote="joshkotecha"][HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\SERIALCOMM]

Tried instructions but get error saying edit file must be in binary.
Is there a way to do this via regedit and if so can you help me
w/ directions to regedit ... most important is what is the
lable name and entries????

Thanks,
Josh
I am getting same problem now with no idea how to ix this thing lol
cgibbo308

Did this - runs - other issues

Postby NEWFLYER999 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:09 pm

NEWFLYER999

Postby ggunners » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:35 pm

ggunners