[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - I got the solution! (Vista and Win7)

I got the solution! (Vista and Win7)

Postby ggunners » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:37 am

Try clicking [Graphcs] [Options] Wait for vertical blank. You'll get 60 fps then. Perhaps that is all you'll need. ;-)

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby NEWFLYER999 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:02 am

NEWFLYER999

Postby NEWFLYER999 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:03 am

NEWFLYER999

Postby TreeHugger » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:31 pm

TreeHugger

Postby NEWFLYER999 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:51 pm

NEWFLYER999

Postby TreeHugger » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:49 pm

Hi,

the dreaded "flickering-problem" appears to affect only people who use MS Vista together with a nvidia graphics-card. It is most likely a driver issue, some ancient function in ol' FMS seems to be unsupported by newer Vista drivers.

Regards
TreeHugger

Postby luptegrow » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:34 am

luptegrow

Postby TreeHugger » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:58 pm

TreeHugger

Postby ronin » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:43 pm

ronin

Postby ronin » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:56 pm

ronin

Vista

Postby F23 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:33 pm

F23

Re: I got the solution!

Postby hells drummer » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:21 pm

Hello,

I made till number 13, but when I clic on the desktop icon I still have the same error. why? the blocnote text is on desktop, the "d3drm.dll" is on C-> FMS...
could you help me please?
kind regards,
hells drummer from france
hells drummer

Postby artmarm » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:28 pm

Help! I had some problems with the com port. I use Vista and followed as closely as I could to your instructions. I never found the registry, but created the hardware device. How to I get it in the registry, and if I do will it damage anything? Also the dll file is in my System 32, how do I get it in my FMS program files? I'm stumped.

Thanks, Lisa
artmarm

Postby pbhewitt » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:45 pm

I am using windows 7 and the vista solution does not for me. The control panel steps are not there. I tried the reg fix but I have no idea now to create a binary file. I did a search for comport and windows 7 but found nothing useful. I continue to get the exception ecomport error when trying to run the program. Is there a solution for windows 7?
pbhewitt

Postby ggunners » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:18 pm

pb, I have WinXP so do not have direct experience with Vista or 7.

Some things to try. The free software Virtual Serial Ports Emulator.
You need to run this once each time you reboot to run FMS. It works
with my laptop and WinXP.

Another pretty simple one. Buy a USB serial port dongle. They cost
about $10 and add a serial port via USB to your computer. Use a
spare USB port and forget all the fancy work arounds.

Good luck and let us know what works for you.

-- ggunners
ggunners

PreviousNext

Return to Windows-Version