[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - FMS w/WinXP Tail Rotor Problem

FMS w/WinXP Tail Rotor Problem

FMS w/WinXP Tail Rotor Problem

Postby tryflying » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:37 pm

Greetings All,

I have a new Belt CP and a FMS sim program Ver 2.0 Alpha 8.3 and ESky 0905A transmitter running on Windows XP.

I have installed the FMS program and calibrated the transmitter but I cannot get the tail rotor, or rudder, to work properly. The problem is that I have no right tail rotor or right rudder movement, zero. Move the stick all the way to the right and there is no tail rotor movement.

And the left tail rotor command is all or none. If I move the stick a degree or two to the left I get full left tail rotor deflection or rudder deflection, there is no proportionality in the tail rotor movement. The helicopter spins to the left at a very fast rate with no control the spin rate.

This problem is evident during the calibration mode also. With channel four stick centered The blue bar for the tail rotor is completely colored blue, move the stick a degree or two to the left and the blue bar goes completely white, move the stick to the right and the bar stays completely blue.

The other three channels work properly.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled FMS, no help. Calibrated and recalibrated the flight controls, no help.

Pretty much stuck now, anybody have any suggestions.

Thanks
tryflying

Postby smcxx66 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:38 pm

Have you tried calibrating in window's first ??

You have to calibrate there first...
There's a joystick, mouse, gamepad menu in XP or Vista.
You have to adjust the gain..ect in there too.
Maybe the gain is not set properly for the rudder in there or too much
gain or it wasn't calibrate at full throw...so a slight movement
will read as full gain.

Here's what I'm saying..in my xp machine i still have to do the same.
It's just more eye candy in vista.lol

Open up control panel

click on control pad or mouse..whatever how your's is set up
Then click on advance...this will give you an option of whatever
control you're using (the TX driver software).
Then click on properties, then you'll see the veriouse options
and calibrations.

smcxx66

Postby tryflying » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:50 pm

SMCXX66, thanks for the response,

I did not calibrate the controller in Windows first.

Opened up the game controller in the Control Panel. Found a ADC controller as the only controller listed. Clicked on properties and found a three button three red bar calibration window. Is the the one I need?

I clicked on "Properties" and then "Settings" to calibrate it. Rotating the sticks corner to corner is no problem but then the next step it says to press any button on the controller.

I am using a ESky 0905A transmitter and I don't have any buttons on the transmitter. Do I just skip the button pressing step or is there some other way I can accomplish this step?

I am confused on what it means when it says x and y axis, z axis and y rotation.

Thanks for your help,

Bernie
tryflying

Postby tryflying » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:27 pm

tryflying

Return to Windows-Version