joystick control not working if 2 other joysticks are presen

joystick control not working if 2 other joysticks are presen

Postby derkurt » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:16 pm

Hi,

I have a Vista system with 3 joysticks attached: 2 digital USB joysticks and 1 E-Sky remote control connected via the USB connector.

All 3 joysticks are manageable using the Game Controller tool of Vista's control panel.

However, if I run FMS and select the Joystick interface, I am only presented two joysticks. Unfortunately, these are the other two. The third one, which is the remote control, cannot be selected.

If I disconnect one or two of these joysticks, FMS is just showing a message saying "no joystick present". So there is no way of making the remote control work if you ever happened to connect two other joysticks before you plugged in the remote control the first time? Since there is only the option of using "two joysticks" without being able to select the appropriate ones, does this problem also apply to XP?

Second, the graphics are flashing at a high rate (yes, I copied the d3drm.dll to the windows\system32 directory). This disappears if I select the 256-color compatibility mode, but of course this severely damages the graphics as well. I am using the latest NVidia drivers for Vista.
derkurt

Postby shaul_eiz » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:53 am

FMS uses Joystick number 1 or the 'preferred controller' as it is termed in XP. I hope some Vista expert can follow up with how to configure this on Vista.
shaul_eiz

Return to Windows-Version