[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - windows xp home. runs ok, but the landscape is messed up!

windows xp home. runs ok, but the landscape is messed up!

windows xp home. runs ok, but the landscape is messed up!

Postby bbc0013 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:22 am

-- environment --
dell dimension c521
window xp home
ram 1.5gb
ati radeon HD2400 pro (driver: ATI Catalystâ„¢ 8.1 Display Driver for Windows XP Professional/Home Edition)
directX 9.0c
fms 2.0 Alpha 8.5

tried:
http://n-old.ethz.ch/student/mmoeller/f ... php?t=3584
created a fake COM port and now FMS can execute.

problem:
although everything flies fine, the background(landscape) is messed up so much. For instance, in the world background, there should be a hut by the runway, but I don't see it. There are many lines in colors in the sky.
If I fly into those lines, my object(heli) goes behind it. Moreover, the lines are changing colors all the time.
*my eyes get tired so much! ah-!

I tried searching in this forum for a solution, but there seems to be no post about it.

If anyone has encountered the same problem, let me know

Thanks
bbc
bbc0013

Postby smcxx66 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:29 am

That is just wierd..but not too wierd

I havn't encounter exactly that same problem.
The only time I had problems where objects gets displayed
not in the correct place is when I put in too many objects in a
scenery. Generally the hut's .bmp image will get display on the
sky.

Sometimes i will see the skybox break apart..that's only when
I'm in photlistic mode and I sized the skybox images to 2048x2048.
My video card is not powerful enough.

The only other time I saw dotted line like that is when I'm using
Clearview.

You're in 3D landscap...that is just wierd.
It looks like your vedio card is projecting the piont 0,0,0
up to the sky and your view is very,very far away from it...so it's
strectching everything. You shouldn't be veiwing from the sky panel
or above it.

I've mess with the quad size and it dose something simular

maybe you can try deleting some objects out of the scenery.
Just go into the .scn file via NOTEPAD.

You'll see this or something simular. Delete the object mesh numbers.
/////////////////////
building
/////////////////////

or
////////////////
tree
/////////////////

Have you tried a photolistic scenery?
FMS has both types.

Try running it with only 16bit color..Set it in your personalized setting
in window's

or you can try Heli-x or CRRCsim..they're both free R/C flight sims
smcxx66

Postby bbc0013 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:03 am

Thank you for your help, smcxx66

settings::
FMS settings are all defaults
using ati radeon HD2400 pro, connected to a TV with HDMI

I edited world.scn and deleted all the buildings and trees.

/////////////////////
building
/////////////////////

////////////////
tree
/////////////////

and it deleted those objects from the landscape, but the main problem is still there.

world.scn

tried Photolistic
"Mfc-Achim" under "Index » FMS » Version -> > 2.8.x » FMS-2.8.x scenes" at RC-Sim

maybe my graphic card is messing it up.
bbc0013

solved

Postby bbc0013 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:08 pm

I uninstalled all ATI software and reinstalled the bandled driver CD. Everything is working fine now.

It was just the driver's problem, not FMS.
bbc0013

Re: solved Procedure

Postby Gilles1111 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:30 am

Gilles1111

Return to Windows-Version