[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - fms wont run, error when starting.

fms wont run, error when starting.

fms wont run, error when starting.

Postby bryan » Sun May 11, 2008 7:55 am

i am using xp and have had it running before but now when i try to start it
it gives me an error saying "can't find proc address for flat thunks"
does anyone know what this means and how to fix it?
its a great program and i would like to get it going again.
thanks for any help.
bryan

Postby Steve Lewin » Sun May 11, 2008 2:03 pm

From the FAQ on the FMS main site :
-------------------------------------------------------
FMS 2.0 Beta 7: Windows XP: Error message "Error while getting proc address for flat thunks"

This is, because on XP you have set the option "...run as Windows 9x..." for the FMS. This way Windows XP tells the FMS, that it is a Windows 95/98/Me compatible system, what is wrong. When the FMS tries to loads the 16-bit interface driver, it fails.

Solution: Remove this option "...run as Windows 9x..." for the FMS.
--------------------------------------------------------------

HTH - Steve
Steve Lewin

FMS 2.0 Alpha 8.5: Windows XP Error

Postby scottybones » Fri May 23, 2008 4:32 pm

scottybones

Previous Post

Postby scottybones » Fri May 23, 2008 6:05 pm

scottybones

Postby hondas.are.cool » Tue May 27, 2008 3:21 am

i had the same problem
what you do is download the file , then after you right click on it and do open with, then click browse, then find fms and open it with that instead, you open the d3drm instead of the fms icon
car fanatic
hondas.are.cool

Postby captainkev » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:54 am

captainkev

Postby SilverHBK2 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:40 pm

Same Problem here.

FMS 2 A8.5 will not run at all on any of my 3 machines (all with different hardware but all running XP Pro Sp2

Tried the trick using the d3drm.dll but no joy with that either.

*edit* I should say I'm not getting the "flat thunks" error because I am not trying to run in compatability mode. Rather, I get the message that FMS has encountered an error and needs to close.

*edit2* some more searching suggest that it may be that my mainboard has no com ports enabled. A quick examination reveals that my mainboard has no com ports At All :( so it could be that.
SilverHBK2

Postby smcxx66 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:34 pm

It has nothing to do with compatibility mode.
I went round and round with the stupid compitibilty mode with Vista.

Pretty much. FMS 2.8 has to recognize old D-sub type comport.
Most new PC only has USB ports. That's how it was on my DELL tower.
Verse my laptop had various port types up the wazoo.lol

Back in the days, no one really knew which way is was going to be.
USB wasn't standardized. Even Window's didn't know, that's
why some of the XP serice packs has USB ports update.lol

All you have to do is add a comport.. it'll just be a ghost.
Nothing physically to install.
Then you just write a little patch with NOTEPAD using
whatever comport your PC assign.

There's plenty of threads that has links to the instructions
in this section or the general section.
It'll take you less than 5 mins.
The patch is less than this paragraph.lol

You click twice on the patch file and FMS 2.8 fires right up.
You can alway assign an ICON.. ya know

If you look in the FMS 2.8 folders you'll see instructions or diagrams
of how to wire up your TX to old -sub ports.
If you look at the 2.8 rev. download. You'll also notice
the last time it was up dated was in 2005.lol

The 2.8 engine is not as powerful as 2.7. Therfore giving limited
objects to add to a scenery.
However you still want the 2.8 becuase of more camera veiw options.
That's why FMs gets bad review from some people..they havn't looked
into it or only tired the 2.7.
2.8 will also allow you to run photolistic sceneries like the rest of them.
Like this.lol

smcxx66

Postby SilverHBK2 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:02 pm

Got it working.

The solution is here -

It works for XP as well as Vista except in XP you won't need to worry about the d3drm.dll file

the patch smcxx66 mentions is the registry patch that you need to create.
It would appear though that you need to run this registy patch each time you restart your machine as it apparently gets deleted.

I can live with that though.

Now to find some nice back grounds :)[/url]
SilverHBK2

Postby SilverHBK2 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:03 pm

Got it working.

The solution is here -

It works for XP as well as Vista except in XP you won't need to worry about the d3drm.dll file

the patch smcxx66 mentions is the registry patch that you need to create.
It would appear though that you need to run this registy patch each time you restart your machine as it apparently gets deleted.

I can live with that though.

Now to find some nice back grounds :)
SilverHBK2

Postby smcxx66 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:41 pm

To get Good back ground, all you have to do is
read of my threads or post in the landscape section.

The sceneries from rc-sim for photolistic are wacked.
They all have improper fish eye...back in the dayz it was okay.lol

But there's was always a FREE skybox converter avaliable for download.
Since 2005, but nobody knew.lmao But it's not availiable anymore.
I wonder why ???lol
Anyway, I linked it in.lol

Beside, Window had also released DXSDK. It's DirectX.
You can write games and stuff using directX.
DXSDK also has a texture converter.

And I also linked that converter so you can still get it. If you want to
convert Refelx's or aerofly sceneries that you can get from rc-sim or
other sites. You can also go to FLICKR.com
Serch under EQUIRECTANGULAR or 360x180 pano

But you don't really need it anymore becuase there's Skyboxes
availble up the wazzo becuase of Heli-x.

All you have to do is convert those .jpg images into 24bit .bmp image
and just edit the .scn files texture name and the image's name to
match. Harald made some files for FMS...but all you have to
so is edit the .scn files to use other sceneries ...as I mentioned.

Just google skybox texture and you'll get a general idea.
Search under IMAGE SEARCH and you get all kinds of skybox
pictures for vedio gaming but they're too small or @ 512x512.

The heli-x's .jpg are at 2048x2048. If you convert it to .bmp
it'll be 90MB per scenery.
You can resize it to 1024x1024 (20mb) to run in FMS becuase .bmp
files are denser. It'll still look good if your vedio card can't hang.lol
Those screen shots are all 1024x1024 becuase I have too many.lmao

This is another reason FMS will crash or error.
Some of the 3D scenery you download,...the images are in .jpg
You need to convert them into .bmp
The instructions are german in the text file.lol

I made some and I even linked in Harald's site.
Harald have made almost 80 sceneries.
You can also retrive more sceneriers right out of Helix's folder.
You can even go to preflight's site and get that softball and use that.
smcxx66

Postby SilverHBK2 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:17 pm

Yup, I've been looking at your thread in Landscapes section and I have some of yours and Harald's landscapes running.

Thanks very much :)
SilverHBK2

Postby damikka » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:50 pm

i am installing the alpha version on an iMac that has Windows XP partition in the system. Wont run. Could use some helps on this? Any suggestion. Thanks.
damikka

Postby smcxx66 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:53 am

I don't have a mac, but try this.

the link is on the main page on the left hand side in red.

http://www.flying-model-simulator.com/
smcxx66

Return to Windows-Version