[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - HUGE Memory leak In FMS beta 8

HUGE Memory leak In FMS beta 8

HUGE Memory leak In FMS beta 8

Postby D_FAST » Wed May 14, 2008 12:55 pm

Like the topic says, will take my 2 gig machine and eat it all up until it's throwing memory address errors!
Only solution is to reboot.
I realize its free but come-on, anyone with basic programming skilz would have caught this.
D_FAST

Postby Steve Lewin » Wed May 14, 2008 1:38 pm

I'd be interested to know how you've persuaded it to do that ;). I've been running FMS 2 beta 8.5 for ages now and it's NEVER lost any memory or needed a reboot. And that's on a little 1/2 Gb machine.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby D_FAST » Thu May 15, 2008 1:28 pm

Hrmm sorry for jumping to conclusions, just found the problem.
Its all these damn 3rd party models I downloaded for it.
Which by the way almost double the standard limits on polycount and texture load. :(
Why people cant hold to the recommended polycount limits and texture sizes.
or at least give some better info one there packages like polycounts and texture sizes and or memory usage on there 3rd party models.
Being in game development myself.

I had to see wtf was going on. After reading your post.

So can anyone refer me to more models that hold to true to the recommended poly/texture guidlines.

BTW! Being in game development working on numerous sims. I would say more then 3/4 of the planes out there for fms, are straight stolen from games like IL-2,microsoft flight sims and so forth!

These so called modelers need to learn something about the digital copyright act of 1998!

Its takes more then importing a mesh from a copy righted game!, then exporting it to a format that mqo can recognize, then exporting it from there, to call it yours!
D_FAST

Postby smcxx66 » Fri May 16, 2008 8:00 am

I'm not really sure what you're talking about

what 3rd party model are you talking about that's cuasing
you problems or giving you poly count problem ?
I like to know....becuase there's hundreds and hundreds
of model you can download..all you have to do is google FMS models.

I havn't lost any memories from using FMS or had poly count
problems.

So like to know what exact model you're talking about.
To me a file like that is more like a worm.

FMS models dosn't have any auto .exe files
You can open a zip file before you load it or extract it into FMS.
You don't even have to load the models into FMS or your PC.
FMS can retrieve it from a disc or external drive.

Actaully if you're clever enough you can convert FMS models to
run in other sims. FMS dosn't like triangles..so you have to romove
them. For a sim that requires tri..you gotta add them.
Then you gotta use a different rotor or prop or cut into the
control surfaces, if you want rotating props or moveable
control surfaces.

If you create more objects..it means you'll have to map texture
to that object. Most if not all of FMS model's texture is on one image
file. The texture for the wing is for the complete wing...etc.

other sims with rotating props, moveable surface..etc
they're either a seperate texture file for the different objects, or
it's mapped different.

you'll see the three dee and the pitt in other sims too.
smcxx66

Postby smcxx66 » Fri May 16, 2008 8:39 am

smcxx66

Postby D_FAST » Fri May 16, 2008 11:00 am

D_FAST

Return to Windows-Version