[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - running FMS on vista (graphics problem ?)

running FMS on vista (graphics problem ?)

running FMS on vista (graphics problem ?)

Postby cj5cowboy » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:57 pm

Hello, I am trying to run FMS on Vista.

I did copy a d3drm.dll to the same folder as where FMS is installed, so it can find it.

When I start FMS the first time, the window/screen flickers as if it is an old tv that is out of sync. When I switch 'textures' to off I get a landscape, but it seems to be in dos mode (from what I can tell from the screen shots page)

Do I need a something additional for the graphics ?

Sorry if the question has been asked before, I am new to FMS and this site.

Ron
cj5cowboy

You're not alone.

Postby birtasarimci » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:54 pm

It's exactly the same problem I've now.
birtasarimci

Postby ggunners » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:17 pm

Other people had luck using cut and paste. They cut the .dll out and pasted it into the /Windows /System32 directory.

I do not have Vista so I can not verify the fix.

-- ggunners
ggunners

vista graphic problems

Postby Ali2747 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:16 pm

I am also having the same problems, and reading other peoples solutions just confuses the heck out of me, i dont understand half of it, i just want it to work nice and clear with out a degree in programming ...

Ive done the bit with the .dll file and all that went well, but as you say with the textures on it just flickers and the model is not there.

Anyone got a solution in plain english?

Ali
Ali2747

Postby smcxx66 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:00 am

The flashing is from the Nvidia Vedio card driver.

Use the 2.8 version .

Load a photolistic scenery.

Resize the BOTTOM image to an incorrect size.
Such as.... 1025x1025 instead of 1024x1024

or 2049x2049 instead of 2048x2048.

FMS USE .BMP image files.

If you can't comprehend this...I don't know what to say.
It's easy.

Research on skybox texture..you'll get the idea.

Research in the landscape section for photolistic downloads
and links.
smcxx66

Return to Windows-Version