[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - E-Sky Simulator HELP Please.

E-Sky Simulator HELP Please.

E-Sky Simulator HELP Please.

Postby ratrod » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:57 pm

I have a E-Sky Simulator.
I was wondering if anyone can give me the settings for the heli. I cannot get it set up right.
I got a heli & I need this help bad. I blew the thing apart today, I know they are not the same as real flight, but it will get me use to the controlls.
I have no problem setting it up for the plane. I just cant get it set for the heli. I cant even get the throttle on the corect stick.
So I hope some one out there can give me the settings & tell me what boxes to check.
Thanks Rat Rod

I will be off to the hobby shop tomorrow to give up more $$$$$$

What do the boxes INV & EXP mean??? Also when I go to calibrate & move the sticks only channel 1-4 move, even if i have 5-8 typed in.

I am US so I need mode 2 throttle on the left. :twisted:
Ratrod
ratrod

Postby Steve Lewin » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:19 pm

If as you say you have it working correctly for planes all you need to do is copy all the settings from the top 4 controls on the LH side of the mapping/calibration screen down into the bottom 4. I.e Tail same as Rudder, Nick same as Elevator etc.

INV is invert - changes the direction of the control e.g. in case the elevator, rudder etc move the wrong way
EXP is exponential - makes the control less sensitive round the centre

Steve
Steve Lewin

Thanks

Postby ratrod » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:39 am

Steve,
Thanks I tryed that, a guy from watt flyer told me that & I gave it a try & still no good. I set it up 4-2-1-3-4-2-1-3 & have not been able to get it done. 4-2-1-3 works great for planes. Now the throttle is stillon the right as if I was trying to slide the heli to the right. It goes up & over into the ground. & my left stick is doing nothing?
Set it back up for plane & it works fine????
Im lost or maybe just stupid. I need some help.
Thanks again Ratrod
Ratrod
ratrod

I Am Stupid

Postby ratrod » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:52 am

Steve,
Thanks so much. I went back in after posting a reply & guess what???
My settings the first time didnt take effect & it went back to my old ones.
I re entered them & now it works fine. Thanks very much.
One more question.
I can fly this thing pretty good the first time out. Flips rolls 3D.
Just trouble landing.
I cant even get my real Heli to hover with out loosing control. I have smashed it up so much. Why does it appear like I kind of got some experiance on the simulator??
If I take my real one out right now I will be going BACK to the hobby shop in the morning. & I wont even use 1/4 of my battery in the process?
Ratrod :D :) :P
Ratrod
ratrod

Postby ÄlveKatt » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:26 pm

I went into the wind options and added some wind and gusting. Made it much harder, the simulator started to behave a lot more like the real helikopter. Still probably not super realistic, but still very good for getting those quick and subtle fine motor skills you need.

Also, rather than fly up fast and far and do backflips in the sim, practice ascending to about eye level and keeping the heli within the bounds of the landing strip. Use the landscape with the landing strip with three blue boxes painted on it and try and land in one of the boxes that you have selected before lifting off, just landing in the box you happen to end up over is cheating. (Well, at the very least it's counterproductive to what you are trying to achieve, the point is that you want to learn to get the helikopter to go exactly where you want it.) Strive to hover over the landing box before you land and to land softly. And to do it without flailing about a bunch on the way between the boxes.

I have taken my helikopter up twice, and I have crashed it twice. I have spent a bit too much on spare parts allready. That's why I thought up this training program for the sim that I am following while waiting for the spare parts I need and have ordered to arrive.[/i]
--
FMS rocks. It will probably have saved me thousands of crowns in spare parts when I get a real RC-heli to fly...
ÄlveKatt

Thanks

Postby ratrod » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:12 am

Thanks for the reply.
What back ground has the 3 blue boxes to land in??
I have been doing better with my real Heli. I can now get ip & hover.
I am now trying to be able to keep it steady, Then I will start moving around. I still lose control but am able to recover, but not as nice and quickly as I would like. it seems to be very difficult to hold my hovering position,I guess I am over correcting.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Thanks again
Ratrod
ratrod

Postby smcxx66 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:10 pm

If you install 2.8 version . The lastest ver.
You'll be able to turn off the FIXED camera.
Then try to hover in one spot.lol
If you think you have that down pack, then trun up the wind/thermal.lol
If you think that's too easy...then adjust the model's .par (perimeters)
Just add inertia first.lol or add some wieght to the model.
If that's still too easy...adjust the gyro gain setting. Make it weaker.
See if you can keep the tail piont at you and hover in one spot.
If you think you have that down pack, then try hoverng with the
heli's nose pionting towards you.

If can do that...then try to hover inverted in one spot.

Flying is easy, hovering/landing is hard.lol

Here an example of .par files. Some are in martians.lol
and some are in english (Use note pad to open .par files)
All kinds of perimeters to adjust the model's physic.
http://photohost.net/showoriginal-73/par.jpg
smcxx66

Return to Windows-Version