Is my TX dodgy? [SOLVED]

Is my TX dodgy? [SOLVED]

Postby SilverHBK2 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:03 pm

I have a HoneyBee King 2 which arrived yesterday.

It came with a USB adapter for the transmitter (which is theoritically mode 2, left stick throttle)

I am using FMS 2B7 and while calibrating the controls I noticed that when I move the right stick left/right it moves channel 1
I move the right stick forward/back it moves channels 2 through the full range and channel 1 about 50% range in the opposite directions.

When I move the throttle forward (channel 3) it also moves channels 1 and 2 very slightly.

This can't be right can it?

Not going to be happy if my TX is dead out of the box!
Last edited by SilverHBK2 on Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
SilverHBK2

Postby ggunners » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:08 am

There may be a switch inside your Tx that controls channel mixing for the heli. You will need to turn off mixing to make it work. I do not have the HBK2 so can't help you exactly.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Is my TX dodgy [SOLVED]

Postby SilverHBK2 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:32 am

Thankyou ggunners,

That's actually pretty reassuring. Means there is likely nothing wrong with my Heli.

I've been playing around with it anyway and I can hover. Whether that's good practice or not is another matter :).

Looked under the cells in the battery bay and there are indeed a total of 4 switches that can be accessed though the battery casing.

Numbering the cells left to right as 1 to 8

There is one switch under cell 1 in the down position
There is one switch under cell 2 in the down position
There are two switches under cell 3 in a red block (they are aligned horizontally) the upper switch is in the ON position, the lower OFF

If someone knows what these switches do I'd be greatfull for some info :).

*edit* It was the 2 red switches. They need to be in their opposite positions and then everything works fine. IE Upper Switch (switch 2) to OFF and Lower Switch (switch 1) to ON

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction gunners, I'd never have found it without you.
SilverHBK2

Return to Windows-Version