[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Graphic problem!!!

Graphic problem!!!

Graphic problem!!!

Postby seba » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:06 am

Hello i have FMS simulator runig on Vista. The problem with .dll i resolved yet bud i have other problem with my graphic!! It doesn´t function in advanced mode, it runs only vith DOS textures... How can I resolve this problem? Thanks
seba

Postby smcxx66 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:17 am

If you have an Nvidia card it'll flash, so you had to turn off the texture ?

All you have to do is load a photolistic scenery that use a skybox.
You must use 2.8 to run photolistic sceneries.
Then re size the bottom/down/#5 image to an incorret size.
Example

If you look in the landscapes section. I made some for you to
down load. You must convert the images to .bmp files.
Use any art software or image converter.

However you must erase the 3D and crash object from the .scn
file...becuase i edit it. Use NOTEPAD.

If not...just download the RATTY scenery from RC-SIM
or go to Harald's site. Just resize the bottom image to
the incorrect size.

You can even check the ROOM scenery (3D) from RC-SIM
or other in doors...just resize the bottom image or
"fieldr "image to the incorrect size. The flashing will stop.
The ground will trun white.

I solved that by placing a panel/object ove it.

It's wierd. Nvidia is projecting the quad panel backwards...
therefore cuasing the flashing.

I'm working on it. I working on a 3D scenery that will not
flash. I got everything to work without flashing , but I'm
need to work out a little problem. i also figure out how to
make the 3D scenery super duper big like flight gear...
for the chase mode. :lol:

In the mean time you'll just have to settle for purdy photolistic
scneries.lol

Or you can open the FMS's collet file..if you're brave.
I use note pad...half is in english and half is coded.

The nvidia works fine with other sims..so I'm not going
to mess with it just to run fms in 3D mode.
I can get it to work in purdy mode.lol
smcxx66

Postby jv » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:53 pm

Hello smcxx66,
Your workaround procedure to allow FMS to work with Vista + nVidia works on my configuration. More precisely:
. I have used your stadium and resort sceneries (to be found in this forum: viewtopic.php?t=4771)
. I resized the bottom image to an incorrect size (producing a white ground)
. I erase the following lines in the .scn files:

3D_LANDSCAPE 3d

TEXTURE Crash TRANSPARENT (and the 4 following lines)

TEXTURE Crash TRANSPARENT again with the 4 following lines

. I can now use FMS without any flashing

Thank you smcxx66 for this solution
jv

Postby vaska333 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:14 pm

hey man i tried do that and i got confused can u plz write step by step on how to do that cuz i cant play fms its juss blinking thax
vaska333

Language Switch?

Postby GENTLE » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:44 pm

GENTLE

vista, nvidia

Postby hotaction » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:42 pm

dear all,
i had that filickering thing on my brand new vista laptop with nvidia graphic card so i was able to:

- organize the missing dll
- downlod some of these phantastic sceneries you guys provided
- if neccessary converted them to bmp
- removed 3d, crashing ... info from the scn file

the flashing went away - but now i have flashing bar on top of the screen and around/over the plane - so i even cant see it

any ideas?

thanks and regards
hotaction
hotaction

Postby smcxx66 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:58 pm

smcxx66

Re: Graphic problem!!!

Postby Tobbe Tibro » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:56 pm

I have the flickering problem too.

So do I need version 2.8 to fix this? I don´t know where to download 2.8

I notice its been a while since you posted your solution... Might there be a never/better one now?

Im using a Toshiba Qosmio X300 with vista.
Tobbe Tibro

Re:

Postby Tobbe Tibro » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:19 pm

Tobbe Tibro

Return to Windows-Version