[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - The mystery of "The Decreasing FPs"

The mystery of "The Decreasing FPs"

The mystery of "The Decreasing FPs"

Postby Luna_Rendezvous » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:25 pm

Running FMS 2.0 Alpha 8.5 on a windows XP-SP3 box, core2 duo, nvida 7800 display card and latest driver. Spectrum DX5e through a GWFSM002B.

Problem: frame rate starts off great 200+fps, but gradually dwindles down to around 20fps

No setting I've tried seems to cure this slow drain of fps :(

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance... :D
Mike.
Luna_Rendezvous

Postby alldayflying » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:51 pm

IV HAD ALMOST TH SAME PROB EXEPT IT STARTS AT 2-3 FPS AND STAYS THERE
all day flyin
alldayflying

Slowing down:

Postby KEW » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:33 pm

I am running beta 8.5 on an old 600MHz PIII with a built in Intel graphics adapter. I can fly all day at 1280 x 1024 resolution with all of the features turned on.

I have never experienced your slowing down problem but it sounds as though some other application is hogging processor time.
Try turning off all other applications when you run FMS. This includes all internet and e-mail virus and spam protection software.

Good luck!
KEW

Re: The mystery of "The Decreasing FPs"

Postby John4742 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:02 pm

Try Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up Windows Task Manager, so see what's hogging the CPU.
John4742

Postby Baulig » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:49 am

I am having this mistery as well?!, sometimes it drops till 2/3 fps, while the CPS is only working on 20%..Could have something to do with a workmemory? sometimes I restart the computer, hoping some tempery memory will be cleaned . Sometimes problem solved
When FMS started I always go to Processes in Windows taskmaneger, go to FMS, rightclick it, and then choose -set prioirty- and than choose high. (when choosing realtime, my computer run stock). This seems te help a little

NOW SOLVED! -> Run the game full screen instead of window.. 75 FPS. Great!
Last edited by Baulig on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baulig

Postby John4742 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:59 pm

A couple of things you could try:

Bring up Task Manager in Task View and click View / Select Columns ... and then add other columns that might be bottlenecking FMS such as Paging, Memory or I/O. When you find what's the problem then look to see if any other tasks are hitting the same bottleneck. Stop them and see if that fixes it. Also try varying the FMS display modes to see if that affects things.

Similarly Run MSCONFIG and temporarily disable the non-Microsoft items in the Start list. If that fixes the problem then re-enable them one by one to see which is causing the problem.

Another way of doing much the same thing is to download GameBoster from IOBit: free, http://iobit.com

Hope this helps. John
John4742

Postby Baulig » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:09 pm

How are you running the game? Full screen or in a window?

When I run the programme in full screen mode (by choosing in tab a resoltion(1024*768 in my case) instead of a window) I get at least dubble the FPS. Now on 75 FPS. Found that advice somewhere els on the forum. Works great!
Baulig

Return to Windows-Version