[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Need help with FMS 2.0 Alpha 8.3 and ESKY Heli - urgent.

Need help with FMS 2.0 Alpha 8.3 and ESKY Heli - urgent.

Need help with FMS 2.0 Alpha 8.3 and ESKY Heli - urgent.

Postby Compumind » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:56 pm

Greetings!

I have just purchased an E_SKY Hunter which is a 4 channel, 2.4 Ghz electric heli.

Here is my problem...

I am using a Windows XP, SP3 box with a Logitech USB 3D Extreme Pro Joystick.

E_SKY lets you connect the Transmitter via a USB connection to the computer and provides FMS 2.0 Alpha 8.3 Software for simulation. The instructions for the Heli and FMS software are mainly in Chinese.

When I connected the TX via the USB cable all went OK and the device was "seen" by Windows XP.

However, I could clearly see that there is a conflict with the Logitech Joystick. I can *ONLY* use the FMS software when the Logitech USB drivers are not installed.

Obviously this FMS software is *freeware* and that upsets me a bit, since the two will not work together.

It would appear that "channels 1-4" are used by the Joystick and 5-8 by the FMS/E_SKY controller. It should be the other way around.

I use my Joystick frequently for FSX and would like to have a Heli-Trainer to use with the transmitter, so as to practice first.

Both devices are seen as a HID or "Human Interface Device" to Windows.

Any suggestions? My vendor is HeliDirect.com and they have no clue as how to resolve it, nor does E_SKY have a USA presence for technical support.

To me, each USB device should *not* conflict with one another!

Any help and ideas would be appreciated.

Is there an alternate heli-training software out there that can work with this TX via USB and do the same thing?

TIA

:o
Compumind

Postby Steve Lewin » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:37 pm

I think that if you download and install FMS Alpha 8.5 you will find that you can choose within FMS which "joystick" you want it to use.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Don't see any way of selecting.

Postby Compumind » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:57 pm

Hi Steve -

You said: "I think that if you download and install FMS Alpha 8.5 you will find that you can choose within FMS which "joystick" you want it to use. "

I installed this version and did not see any way of selecting another joystick.

There is a box showing 2 controls, but no way of selecting the desired one.

Am I overlooking something?

:?
Compumind

Postby Steve Lewin » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:26 am

Sorry, I obviously remembered it wrong....I've never really needed to have multiple joysticks connected so I just guessed that screen was for switching.

But if the FMS calibration screen shows both joystick and Tx working but the Tx shows up as channels 5-8 can't you just set up the boxes on the LH side of the calibration screen to use the appropriate channels 5-8 ?

Only other thing I can think of is have you tried setting the TX "game controller" as first in the Windows Game Controllers list to see if FMS is happier then ? That's always assuming that the programs you want to use the Logitech with can select a joystick that's not first in the list.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby TreeHugger » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:59 am

Try setting the controller to .
TreeHugger

Postby Compumind » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:10 pm

Hi -

Thanks, TreeHugger. That did the trick.

When will FMS be updated to a Non-Alpha or Non-Beta version?

Additionally, Are there other backgrounds and Heli's available?

The closest that my ESKY Hunter comes to is the Hughes.

:)
Compumind

Postby ggunners » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:12 pm

FMS alpha 8.5 is the latest version and we are not expecting any updates at this time.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Return to Windows-Version