[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Controls are (almost) reversed afer installing 2.0 Alpha 8.3

Controls are (almost) reversed afer installing 2.0 Alpha 8.3

Controls are (almost) reversed afer installing 2.0 Alpha 8.3

Postby olholh » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:00 pm

Hi!
I have just installed FMS and everything apperead to be fine, only to find that Throttle worked backwards, so does the elevator and the other controls. Anyone have any clues about what to do?
Thanks in advance.
Harald
olholh

Postby phildc » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:11 pm

Check the relevant INV (invert) boxes!
phildc

Postby ggunners » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:39 pm

First, uninstall FMS 2 8.3 and install FMS 2 alpha 8.5. FMS 2.8.3 had some known bugs. Get the FMS 2.8.5 download from the FMS site.

Then the area within FMS you need to modify is controls, analog controls, mapping and calibration. Make sure your controller moves the correct blue bars in the right direction. The INV check box reverses the direction of the control. The EXP check box applies exponential, I like EXP on the ailerons and rudder.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Problem configuring

Postby olholh » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:16 am

Hi and thanks for treying to help!
I have been following your instructions and the install-details to the letter, and has been experimenting with Controls/Joystick Interface/Mapping&Calibration and Inv / Exp to infinity, but to no avail. What on earth am I doing wrong? I've downloaded the latest from FMS website an' all!
Anyone have any idea?
Thanks.
Harald
olholh

Postby Steve Lewin » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:28 am

What controller/interface are you using ? Did you fully calibrate it within the mapping/calibration screen before fiddling with INV/EXP ? DO you realise that the top 4 controls are only for planes and the bottom 4 are for helis ?

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby olholh » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:56 am

Thanks for responding. If you by controller mean the "radio" it is E_Sky 0905A Simulator FMS that came with the unit in the original package when I bought it. As for the helicontrol I have left them alone, since I am an ATP(retired), never having flown rotary, and when I first started off I followed the instructions to the letter. It was first when it didn't work I started trying other configurations.
Harad
olholh

Postby Steve Lewin » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:21 pm

Unfortunately only you know the contents of "the instructions" which you have "followed to the letter" so just repeating that you've followed them doesn't really help I'm afraid.

Good luck - Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby olholh » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:56 pm

Sorry, but that is what I have done, I've followed the instructions provided by the manufacturer and those supplied here in this forum, to no avail. The controls simply does not work the way they are expected to to work, regardless of mode or manner of calibrating them. I do not know what more I can do now. Could it be something in my computer that causes the problem? I'ves switched off firewall, I've tried every USB-port I have, but again, it still does not work.
Sorry.
olholh

Postby ggunners » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:32 am

You could have a bad controller. Send it back for a new one.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby olholh » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:45 am

Thanks, and thanks all, that's what I'll do!
Harald
olholh

Return to Windows-Version