Flashes

Flashes

Postby sporefan31 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:46 am

my screen flashes when it runs a landscape unless I put it on "run in 256 colours and then it looks really bad. i am wondering if it has something to do with my NVIDIA graphics. THE FLASHES LOOK LIKE AN OLD TV BUT INSTEAD OF BLACK LINES QUICKLY GOING DOWN THEY ARE WHITE AND REALLY FAST.
hoping u can help :) :)
sporefan31

Re: Flashes

Postby ggunners » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:18 pm

Try upgrading your graphics driver.

If that doesn't work, you may need a new graphics card.

If you have a laptop, this option is not usually available.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby sporefan31 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:23 am

ooooooooooooooooooook i do have a laptop and for your information NVIDIA is the third best graphics card in the world. its the game its made for old computers and thats y it wont run i just want a solution
Thanks anyway :D
sporefan31

Postby ggunners » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 am

OK, then upgrade your video driver and then play around with the video settings to see what might be set for newer games that could be relaxed for FMS. Then setup a graphics profile and let the profile override the FMS graphics settings. It is a lot of work. There are other slightly more expensive options. Clearview is about $40 and very nice. It does not have near the amount of airplanes but I am making them for CV along with FMS. Good luck in your efforts. If you find a solution, please share it with others here. -- ggunners

P.S. Some others with photo realistic sceneries have found a solution that involves changing the size of the bottom image so it is not directly divisible by 256. I believe it is in the scenery section of the forum.
ggunners

Postby kenshi » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:42 pm

I'm having this same issue in Windows 7. The screen rapidly switches back and forth between showing background and not, making it look like it's flashing. If I pause it, sometimes it shows the background and sometimes it's just a beige screen. It never shows the airplane. Forcing 8-bit color fixes this but of course then it looks like an Amiga game. Turning off textures doesn't help. I have an Nvidia card too. I think this game doesn't like Nvidia cards.
kenshi

Return to Windows-Version