[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Camera Viewpoint

Camera Viewpoint

Camera Viewpoint

Postby djb » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:13 am

I changed some things and now cannot get the camera position to stay on the ground, as it was originally. I have tried "Fixed Camera" on and off. Neither seems to make a difference. I have "Chase Camera" off, but have tried it on, as well.

How do I restore the camera position to be like an operator standing at the take-off point?

Thanks,
Dave
djb

Re: Camera Viewpoint

Postby ggunners » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:24 pm

Sounds like you either made a permanent change in the landscape file or changed your position relative to the ground.

To fix a permanent change to the landscape file, you will need to edit the landscape .scn file and change the pilot position. I do not know that orientation so check the Scenery area for hints.

The other is use the number keypad to change the person position, left right, in out, etc.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby djb » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:23 pm

I finally figured out that I had the view zoomed in too far. When the camera viewpoint is zoomed in too close to the plane, it pretty much follows the plane and you don't see the ground. By zooming back out far enough, the camera viewpoint remains on the ground.

The camera position seems to be saved when I exit the program instead of being reset. If anyone knows the original position, please let me know. I'd like to reset to the original position (even though what I have now works well enough).

Thanks for your help!

Dave
djb

Postby TreeHugger » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:00 pm

TreeHugger

Postby djb » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:41 pm

I have no explanation, but the first thing I tried was exiting and restarting the program---the viewpoint/zoom remained the same. I'm running FMS 2.0 Alpha 8.5.

Dave
djb

Postby ggunners » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:12 pm

Hmmmm.... Maybe we should check some items first.

Which version of FMS are you running?
Which scenery file are you using?

FYI, many saved settings are included in the Windows Registry under:
/HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Flying-Model-Simulator/MainForm

I do not see any registry settings with FMS 2.8.5 that would show ending pilot position. I have seen zoom get messed up with out-of-range numbers that are either fixed by editing the registry or reinstalling FMS.

Unless you are comfortable with editing the registry, I would recommend copying your model and scenery files to another directory and then uninstalling and reinstalling FMS 2.8.5 to clear any settings.

My scenery file always resets to the default. However, that may be a setting in the .scn scenery file. I use the world.scn file for almost all my FMS flying.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby djb » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:46 pm

I am using FMS 2.0 Alpha 8.5 and world.scn. However, the viewpoint remained "wrong" no matter which scenery I load. I did not edit any of the landscape (or other) files.

I think you hit the nail on the head. The pilot viewpoint was restored after restarting FMS, but zoom was not. Backing out on the zoom solved my problem.

I have FMS loaded on a second computer (where everything is working fine). I will copy the zoom registry setting over to Computer #1 to make it match the original setup.

Thanks!
Dave
djb

Return to Windows-Version