[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Model does not react with transmitter

Model does not react with transmitter

Model does not react with transmitter

Postby Gites » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:38 am

Hi,
Some details at the beginning: WindowsXP SP3, FMS 2.0 Beta 7, USB-serial cable, transmitter HobbyKing KH-T6A (I guess this is some clone of 6CH Esky).
To get my transmitter working in Windows, I use USB-serial adapter + PPJoy + T6sim. Everything works fine, i.e. I see bars moving in T6sim properly. I see bars moving in T6config software as well, I could program transmitter, etc. Problem occurs in FMS...
I'm able to perform "Mapping / Calibration" in FMS and then I see vertical bars in "Ressources" moving as they should - so far, so good. Then I run simulation and model does not react on transmitter bar's moves. I guess it is not a problem on my side since I see working transmitter in "Ressources" window. What might be wrong?
Best Regards,
Bart
Gites
Gites

Re: Model does not react with transmitter

Postby TreeHugger » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:05 am

Sounds like you attempt to run a model for version 2.85 in FMS 2.7.
To update, uninstall older version of FMS first.

Regards
TreeHugger

Postby Steve Lewin » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:22 am

Just to be picky...you should see the blue bars working in the Mapping/Calibration screen not JUST in Ressources. And you need to have set up the correct channel numbers to match which bars move with which control on the LH side of that same screen.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby Gites » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:53 am

Gites
Gites

Postby Gites » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:06 am

Gites
Gites

Postby ggunners » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:55 pm

If you've calibrated and assigned channels in FMS. I do not know what could be wrong.

Try a different model first. If nothing there.

Try going back to keyboard controls only and see if the throttle up/down, all on, all off, work OK.
Also check ailerons, rudder, elevator keyboard buttons. If they all work, I do not suspect FMS.
If they do not work, try unstalling FMS and then downloading a fresh version from the FMS website.
You just might have a corrupted program file.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby andromeda » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:40 pm

I wonder if anyone got to the bottom of this as I am having EXACTLY the same problem.

I have XP professional operating system

ie works fine up to and including mapping within the FMS program (ie pull down and select Analog control... on list that also has Keyboard ... then selecting Joystick interface then selecting mapping/calibration then blue bars go up and down and then selecting rudder - channel 4, elevator - channel 2, throttle - channel 3 and aileron - channel 1).

But then when I go onto the actual simulation only the keyboard works. Most frustrating. Same problem whether I install Alpha 8.5 or Beta 7 software.

It is most frustrating and I am sure I must be just one step away from succeeding
andromeda

Postby molyhotdog » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:12 am

Same problem here, :(
molyhotdog

Postby ggunners » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:48 am

If you are running FMS 2 alpha 8.5 and the bars calibrate, the model should respond to your controller.

If you have FMS 2 beta 7 installed, the alpha 8.5 models will not move.

In addition, we have occasionally had some computers with issues setting the zero point for the 3D model. Try hand launching with the "R" key to see if this is an issue. The only fix for this problem, is to recreate the model's DirectX .x file using the .mqo file and Metasequoia.

Also, check your sample time and make sure it is 0.005 under the Options for FMS. Some folks change this and it can cause issues.

Usually, an uninstall and reinstall will fix many of these problems. I have had the Windows Registry entries for FMS get corrupted at times when using some of the Zoom features. Save your models somewhere else, uninstall FMS, install FMS, recalibrate and all is good.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby nitrovolt » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:20 am

Try going to "Simulation" Options.........Uncheck Simulate empty tank. That worked for me.
nitrovolt

Return to Windows-Version