Aeilerons not working on Multi Engine cargo plane

Aeilerons not working on Multi Engine cargo plane

Postby Keizer » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:22 am

I FINALLY got the installation to work through downloading HW virtual serial port and im having trouble getting the controls to work. The only aircraft i can get airborn are the bi-plane and the stunt plane but non of the trims seem to work. On the ground the planes dart left and right and circle in the air no matter what. the only way i can keep them airbourne is to counter steer. The helis are completely useless and the aeilerons on the cargo plane dont funtion at all. I have about 3hrs into messing with the control settings but so far nothing has worked. If anyone can help me it would be appreciated, id hate to think i wasted $20 on this thing.
Keizer

Re: Aeilerons not working on Multi Engine cargo plane

Postby KEW » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:50 am

First, I should point out to you that the $20.00 that you paid out was not for the Flying Model Simulator software, It was for the USB interface for your transmitter. It was the duty of the sales person who sold it to you to point that out. The software is freeware can be downloaded from this site by anyone.

There are several things you can do to make the planes easier to fly. In the FMS Mapping/Calibration screen, check the "Exp" box opposite the Rudder, Elevator and Ailerons. This will apply an exponential function to the controls which makes the control surfaces less responsive in the center and more responsive at the extremes of stick movement. If you have dual rate switches on your transmitter for elevator and ailerons, switch them to high rate before you calibrate in FMS and then switch to low rate after. Once you have made these changes, you should find that all of the planes and helicopters are much more controllable and realistic (of course, the pattern planes and the 3D planes and helicopters will still be very lively).

Most of the planes are 4 channel, but you will find some that are set up to be 3 channel with rudder only or ailerons only for yaw/roll to simulate an actual model. This is probably the case with the cargo plane.

I hope you enjoy flying in this simulator. There are very many planes and flying fields that you can download. Good flying,

KEW
KEW

Return to Windows-Version