Problem with menu options

Problem with menu options

Postby Eyetube » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:21 pm

I am using FMS Alpha 8.5 with SmartProPlus interface to a Futaba T6XA. It runs on a Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop with WinXP SP2. Everything works well except for this one problem. Whenever I select "Thermal options", "wind options" or "Options" under the "Simulation" menu, all the menu options and the top bar on the window go gray and I can not communicate with the program at all. This also happens with the "Options" menu choice under the "Graphics" menu. If I use Windows Task Manager to end the task, I get a message that the program (FMS) is waiting for a response from me. If I select "End Now" it will shut down.

I've looked through a lot of posts here but have not been able to find any that relate to this problem. Does anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong here?
Eyetube

Re: Problem with menu options

Postby ggunners » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:26 am

Hmmm....

It might have something to do with either a corrupted file, in which case, download again, uninstall, reinstall.

Or I heard somewhere that people said running in full screen caused some issues. Run in a window.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby Eyetube » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:52 pm

ggunners,

Thanks for the reply. I have been running in a window, so that is not the issue. I followed your advice and downloaded a fresh copy of fms2alpha85, then uninstalled and reinstalled both FMS and smartproplus. The problem continues as before. The simulator runs well with several different models, but whenever I select the menu options described in my last post the program hangs. Thanks again for your help. Any other ideas?
Eyetube

Postby ggunners » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:07 pm

I cannot think of another reason for this problem except to update your graphics drivers.

Sorry, I don't recall this as an issue for anyone else and I've been following FMS for 7 years.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby Eyetube » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:14 pm

Your comment about graphics drivers caused me to think about an aspect of my setup that I did not mention. My laptop is driving an external monitor in a dual monitor mode. I'm so used to that arrangement that I don't think about it. I disabled the external monitor and the problem went away. FMS is now fully functional. Thanks again for your help!!
Eyetube

Return to Windows-Version