[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Air force

Air force

Air force

Postby casandara » Thu May 06, 2010 10:44 am

What kind of Air Force recruiter should I speak to? I'm planning on joining the Air Force after college as a nurse. I would like to speak with a recruiter about scholarships opportunities, life as a nurse in the Air Force, etc. On the website, I found out there's an enlisted and officer recruiting center about 20 minutes away but the closest health professions center is in Pennsylvania (I live in New Jersey). Is it worth it to go to PA or should I just go a regular center close to home?
Last edited by casandara on Sun May 16, 2010 5:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
casandara

Re: Air force

Postby Steve Lewin » Thu May 06, 2010 12:30 pm

So, just for interest, what do you imagine this has to do with Errors and Problems in the Windows-Version of FMS ?

Steve
Steve Lewin

Re: Air force

Postby KEW » Thu May 06, 2010 11:02 pm

Hi Cassandra,

I spent three years in the Royal Air Force in the late 60's. I know it was a little different then, and even a different Air Force but it is a really great way to learn a trade. The Air Force will give you all the training you need - for free. I would recommend it. You also get to learn a lot about people and how to get along with the ones that have a very different up-bringing to yours - so valuable in your future life.

By all means visit the recruiting office close by BUT be aware that they are merited on how many recruits they can enlist, and how long they can sign them on for. They will pressure you to sign for longer than you need. They will tell you all about the extra benefits you can have by signing on for longer, but they will not mention any of the many conditions that are required for you to really qualify for them! Just let them know that you are the one that will make that decision. Do not sign up while you are in their recruiting office for the first time. Listen to what they tell you, then double check all the facts with someone who is ex-Air Force, or check on the internet Just so that you know exactly what you are signing for.

In spite of the warnings, there are many advantages to spending time in the Forces. I learned electronics for free. Now I am an Electronics and Light Electrical Engineer and I made a very good living as a result of their training. I spent the years before I was retired as a Technical Consultant for Hewlett Packard.

Good luck with your career. I hope every thing goes the way you wish. I am rootin' for you.

KEW
KEW

Return to Windows-Version