E sky 0404 and Windows 7

E sky 0404 and Windows 7

Postby Witmen » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:41 am

First I hope this is in the correct section, Sorry if it isn't.

I have been using a 0404 transmitter for a while on my laptop that runs XP with no problems. I recently finished building a gaming PC that is running Windows 7 x86. I am using FMS alpha 2.0 8.5 and the program seems to be working great. but for some reason when I go to calibrate/mapping my left stick shows no input. The right works fine and all of it's movements show up perfectly. If I go to resources my left stick will show a little movement. If I move it up and down it will show up but it will not go all the way up or all the way down.

Right before I posted this I plugged the transmitter back into my laptop and all works perfectly. But for some stinking reason my left stick will not work on my new PC. It's really frustrating me. I've searched and I can't seem to find a solution.

Hopefully someone here has an answer because I'm about to give up.
Witmen

Re: E sky 0404 and Windows 7

Postby ggunners » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:36 pm

Please try calibrating under Windows 7 first. It should be in Control Panel and called something like gaming devices.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby Witmen » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:29 pm

Thanks for the reply

I gave that a shot and, I calibrated it the left stick shows input and I done everything the screen told me to do. I applied the changes, closed out of the game controller calibration and loaded up FMS and nothing has changed. Still no left stick input displayed except for under resources. I really wish this was just plug and play like it always was with XP.
Witmen

Postby ggunners » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:46 am

In another forum, someone said you can try running FMS in WinXP mode under Windows7 and it works for some programs.

You'll need the high end versions of Win7 and a PC that can run Virtual PC.

Google "WinXP mode under Windows 7"

-- ggunners
ggunners

Return to Windows-Version