[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Windows 7 ecomport error

Windows 7 ecomport error

Windows 7 ecomport error

Postby ThadeusB » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:58 am

If you get an 'exception ecomport module FMS.exe' message, you need to download a virtual serial port emulator. I found this one that woks perfectly with Windows 7 64 bit Premium edition:

http://www.hw-group.com/products/hw_vsp/index_en.html

Download the single port version and install, then set it up as described on the HW page. The default is COM3, I let it use this.

You also need to get the D3DRD.dll file and put it in the c: Program Files (x86)/FMS/ folder. You can get this at:

http://www.driverskit.net/dll/get/494.html

This will work for you :D
ThadeusB

Re: Windows 7 ecomport error

Postby ggunners » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:01 pm

Thanks ThadeusB! It is always good to know of Win7 fixes. -- ggunners
ggunners

Postby Steve Lewin » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:49 pm

Steve Lewin

Postby p3n » Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:01 pm

Thanks guys - we'll give that a go :)
p3n

Postby blackbandit703 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:52 am

Guys, I'm a first timer here. I tried following the directions in this thread but cant seem to figure out how to fine the particular folder to put the dll file in. Im running windows 7. thanks in advance.
Craig
blackbandit703

Postby ggunners » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:44 pm

The EComport error requires a com port in the Win Registry. The Directx .dll goes in the FMS folder with the FMS .exe file.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby swack » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:36 pm

i downloaded vitual serial port, and moved .dll file into fms folder and im still gettin ecomport pop up.....im a newbe with computers please help
swack

Postby ggunners » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:58 pm

You must create a virtual COM port each time you start your computer. Open virtual COM port software and create a COM port, then run FMS. Works fine on my netbook but with very slow 5 fps. Poor graphics card. -- ggunners
ggunners

Postby AlanB » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:08 pm

I can't find a d3drd.dll file anywhere on the site you mentioned, nor anywhere on the internet.
AlanB

Postby ggunners » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:12 pm

Just put in the link http://www.driverskit.net/dll/get/494.html and input the new verification code on the screen and click the download button. This action will download a .zip file that needs to be unzipped into the FMS folder next to the FMS.EXE file. -- ggunners
ggunners

Postby Steve Lewin » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:06 am

Steve Lewin

Postby TCP » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:08 am

Ok I downloaded fms and I get the D3DRM.DLL is not be downloaded. I know there is alot of info on how to download it but none of them seem to be working. I downloaded the file from the link above and copied it to the fms folder but it still says that it has not been downloaded. I try too extract D3DRM.DLL to the fms folder but it says that it can not find the path specified. Ive tried alot of different ways and still cant figure out on how to copy it into the fms folder.

Anyone have any suggestions? Tomorrow Ill try it on my home desktop that also has windows 7 on it. Right now Ive been trying it on my netbook.
TCP

Postby patfrank » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:18 pm

I have tried using VSP software and copied the DLL, but still getting the ecomport error. Any suggestions? I am using win 7 ultimate 64 bit
patfrank

Postby ggunners » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:04 pm

Check out .

All the files and some instructions are included. Give it a try.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby zefold » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:06 am

Here my situation, I got FMS 8.5a and Windows 7-32bit working, with the D3DRD.dll.
During use of FMS I had to start FMS a few times.
Then, after a reboot of my laptop DMS gave the eComm error and registry fault. I reinstalled, including D3DRD.dll, and it did not work. Then, did the same thing again, and then it worked.

Any idea how this is possible?
zefold

Next

Return to Windows-Version