Windows 7 + FMS + SKY-703 controller not working

Windows 7 + FMS + SKY-703 controller not working

Postby Omarko » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:55 pm

hi guys

I bought a Skyartec Cessna 182 plane that came with FMS and SKY-703 controller. The controller has a 5 pin connector at the back and connects to the PC through USB using Win 7 64bit.

I donwloaded the drivers and latest FMS from Skyartec website. I installed the drivers which created a "Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge (COM4)" device in my device manager. I know that the PC can communicate with the Tx as the Skyartec software succesfully updated the settings in the controller.

However, when I run FMS, there is no response at all from inputs from the controller. I choose all the different options in the controller menu but none seem to work. I dont get any error messages, it just does nothing when I move the sticks around on the controller.

any thoughts on how to fix this ?
Omarko

Re: Windows 7 + FMS + SKY-703 controller not working

Postby ggunners » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:04 am

It sounds like the controller software is only for modifying the controller memory, not for being used with an RC sim on a PC. Otherwise, the controller would show up as a dual joystick or game controller within windows. See if there is such software available for that controller. -- ggunners
ggunners

Return to Windows-Version