Division by zero error - Win7 starter

Division by zero error - Win7 starter

Postby microsciences » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:52 pm

Hello
I'm new to the board here and having some difficulty in running the FMS software under WIN7. starter
on a dell net book. Works fine on my other computers (xp) but that seems to be expected.

I've followed the instructions and added the .dll to the system 32 folder and the program seems to have installed properly.

On launching FMS I get an error message " Floating point division by zero error"
If I try to load an aircraft I get an access violation error in the "FMS.exe" module.
This happens on trying to load any of the scenic files as well.
I do seem to be able to calibrate my controller though without a problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated;
Thanks
MJP
microsciences

Re: Division by zero error - Win7 starter

Postby Qckslvr » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:47 am

Hi. Just wondering if you were ever able to get FMS working on your system. I'm having the same problems you've described when loading FMS 7 Beta 2.0 on my Acer laptop running Windows Vista Basic. I've added the d3drm.dll file to the FMS folder, and downloaded a virtual serial port. When I open the simulator I get an error stating "floating division point by zero", and display a black screen with headings across the top. I am able to calibrate my controller, but also receive the same errors when I attempt to load scenery, etc.

I'm hoping that if something worked for you, it may also work for me. Thanks in advance.
Qckslvr

Re: Division by zero error - Win7 starter

Postby ggunners » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:18 pm

Does the same thing happen with the more recent FMS 2 alpha 8.5?
It's been the recommended code since 2004. -- ggunners
ggunners

Return to Windows-Version