Windows 7 USBg Futaba won't work

Windows 7 USBg Futaba won't work

Postby 3jaw » Sun May 08, 2011 2:22 am

Help,

I am running Windows 7 and I have a usbg adapter cable from "tomsrc.com" plugged into the trainer port of my Futaba FP-T6NFK transmitter. I can't get it to respond to calibration or even recognize it. I do have the d3drm.dll file installed in the FMS directory and I also have a COM1 and a COM2 port showing up in my Device Manager. I am not able to calibrate my transmitter in the Game Controller and it won't recognize it there either. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg
3jaw

Re: Windows 7 USBg Futaba won't work

Postby ggunners » Sun May 08, 2011 5:59 pm

Sometimes the USB port you plug into can cause issues. Some do not pass enough power. Adding a powered USB hub usually helps this problem or finding a USB port on your computer that carries enough power helps too.

Another thing to check, you should have a sim model on your transmitter without mixing and your transmitter may need to be on to make it work.

just a couple of ideas... -- ggunners
ggunners

Postby 3jaw » Sun May 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Thanks for the reply! :) I forgot to mention that I do have the transmitter turned on and the batteries are charged.

What is a sim model? This is a non computerized, 6 channel basic radio that is several years old. The only thing it has is dual rates on the aileron and elevator channels.

Thanks again,
Greg
3jaw

Postby ggunners » Mon May 09, 2011 11:30 am

OK, if your USB adapter is getting enough power to turn on, (usually a small light), then you may have a bad adapter or cable. Contact Toms' for help.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Return to Windows-Version