[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Win7 64 bit Fix(and maybe other OS's)

Win7 64 bit Fix(and maybe other OS's)

Win7 64 bit Fix(and maybe other OS's)

Postby chuckeff88 » Sun May 22, 2011 7:43 pm

I have been wanting to get into Model RC for a while, and decided a trainer would be a good idea before I started. Then I came across FMS while playing around at work(Hope my boss does not read this), but I heard it is hard to install. I found that to be true with my attempts to install it on my Win7 64 bit laptop(Error msg below). I was having problems with the instructions provided for a work around, and I found an easy way that worked for me, and wanted to share to help out anyone else who is having problems.

Download d3drm.dll, unzip it(ya might need to get an unzipping program for this by doing a google search) and install it into your directory where your FMS software was installed. Here is a link to get d3drm.dll:
Download and install a virtual server port emulator like the one located here . They have ones you can buy, but since I was trying to stay on the cheap, I decided to get a free one. Once installed, go ahead and load it, and it will give you some choices. Just click none of the above choices, and it will tell ya it does not work, but that is not true :p . Then load your FMS software, and everything should be working fine. I never needed to load the emulator again even after rebooting, just load FMS. This way worked great for me, and I did not have to go into my registry and add any command lines.

I hope others will find this easy and useful. Now does anyone have any suggestions for a decent USB 4 channel radio transmitter to use?

Was getting this error
Exeption EComPort in module FMS.exe at 0008AFEC.
Registry error (win error code: 2)
Last edited by chuckeff88 on Tue May 24, 2011 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
chuckeff88

Re: Win7 64 bit Fix(and maybe other OS's)

Postby ggunners » Sun May 22, 2011 8:34 pm

Thanks for sharing chuck...

These are the two of the three known issues from WinXP on. You'll see some of the same recommendations in the sticky at the top of the Windows-Version area of the forum.

In addition, there are some work-arounds for graphics flickering with some Nvidia drivers.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby luingzong » Mon May 23, 2011 5:42 am

hi Chuck

could you tell me which emulator you download...?
there are several choices on the web page...

Danny
luingzong

Postby chuckeff88 » Tue May 24, 2011 1:18 am

Hey Luingzong, I downloaded HW VSP. I used the single serial port, and it is located here . Hope this helps.
chuckeff88

Return to Windows-Version