[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - FMS running slowly - and faulty graphics

FMS running slowly - and faulty graphics

FMS running slowly - and faulty graphics

Postby renard » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:32 pm

12 months ago, I installed FMS version 2.0 Alpha 8.3 from a disk supplied with the E-Sky contoller.

Everything has worked well - until last week.

The models have started running extremely slowly and jerkily, and the graphics are poor.

I removed FMS from my PC, reloaded the disk - and found that not only does FMS still run slowly, but now the tree in World.scn is nothing but a solid black square containing the outline of the tree.

The same thing happens when I download version 2.0 Alpha 8.5 from the FMS website. Slow, jerky flying, and a black square instead of the tree in world.scn.

I am running Windows XP on a home PC.

Other graphics programs continue to run OK.

Please can anyone help me restore my FMS to its former satisfactory state?
renard

Re: FMS running slowly - and faulty graphics

Postby ggunners » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:12 am

Try uninstalling FMS. Then use REGEDIT if you are comfortable with it and delete all the related FMS entries in the Windows Registry.

It may not be FMS at all, it might be new Antivirus or some other application or worse hogging the CPU.

Bring up the Windows Task Manager and on the Processes tab, click on the CPU column to sort byt
CPU utilization. The highest usage may be your culprit.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby renard » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:52 pm

Thanks for your reply, ggunners.

Windows Task Manager shows nothing is using up much CPU. The heaviest user is System Idle Process, averaging around 96. Most advice is that this is to be expected and is not abnormal.

Not being very clever with computers, I am reluctant to mess about with Registry.

Any other ideas will be gratefully received as the faults persist even after several re-installs.
renard

Postby ggunners » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:25 pm

Did anything change recently on your computer. New software updates, new application, etc.

If it was going along fine, something had to change.

You can restore the registry to a prior saved version before the difficulties. This might help
but you need to have a good version for the restore.

Check your FMS settings regarding graphics.

I'm at a loss to explain this, it does not sound like an FMS issue but something with your
computer and very tough to diagnose by Forum posting. Sorry.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby renard » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:29 pm

Sorry, ggunners, there is nothing I can add.

Thanks anyway for trying to help.

I will keep plugging away and if I find the solution I will post it for your information.

Thanks again.
renard

Postby renard » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:50 pm

Hi everyone

I am bumping this thread because I still can't discover what is going wrong.

I still have the faults described in my original post.

I'm bumping in the hope that someone out there has the solution - please!
renard

Postby renard » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:30 pm

THE ANSWER:

Because various other things (besides FMS) were going wrong with my PC, I finally took it to a repair shop.

They discovered a virus and other nasties. They cleaned everything up - after which FMS now works perfectly again. :D

So, presumably that (whatever it was) caused the problem.

Thanks again to all who offered their advice.
renard

Postby ggunners » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:07 pm

Wow renard, That's a long time to live with a virus. Glad you got it cleared up. Happy Flying! -- ggunners
ggunners

Postby Aimy » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:48 pm

Hello friend,
If your system running good properly before the problem occurred you have to follow these steps for remove this problem then your system will be run properly again.

simple step for restoring is

click on the Start button.

Go in Accessories column .

Go into the system tools.

and do select system restore ..
||
Aimy

Return to Windows-Version