[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - How do I get FMS to read my joystick?

How do I get FMS to read my joystick?

How do I get FMS to read my joystick?

Postby TECH GEEK » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:58 am

Hi I'm trying to control the threedee Heli in FMS using a USB gamepad. ()
The problem I face is that I can get FMS to read the axis during calibration in the setup menu, but moving the sticks while the simulation is running has no effect on the model.
Another thing I noticed was when I first changed the R/C controller from being set as the keyboard to joystick, I was able to control the Heli for 1 second then never again.

Also I'm running Windows7 64-bit, and I'm able to use the with other programs such as ..
TECH GEEK

Re: How do I get FMS to read my joystick?

Postby ggunners » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:04 pm

You should be running FMS 2 alpha 8.5. If you are running FMS 2 beta 7, it will not fly alpha 8 models. They will sit on the runway and not move.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby TECH GEEK » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:49 pm

I am running 8.5
TECH GEEK

Postby TECH GEEK » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:14 pm

Never mind I figured it out
TECH GEEK

Postby ggunners » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:24 pm

And.... The fix was.... Sharing is always good.
ggunners

Postby TECH GEEK » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:44 pm

Fix was that I had Tail, Nick, Roll & Pitch set to unused channel 8. I thought that they were, what would be on a real r/c plane, channels 5 through 8.

New question, I recently got a Esky transmitter (EK2-0406) and want to use it with FMS. It came with some form of PS/2 port on the back, and a USB cable that plugs into the port.
I want to know if anyone knows if it will work with FMS...
Also I don't have it yet, I'll be getting it later today.
TECH GEEK

Postby ggunners » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:44 pm

The Esky transmitter will work with FMS, RC Desk Pilot and ClearView as long as you do not have mixing turned on.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Return to Windows-Version