[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - What a piece of JUNK

What a piece of JUNK

What a piece of JUNK

Postby flirtypup » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:40 pm

OK so after I buy the product. I find the website. And the only help is in the forum. What kind of junk product is this? They can see all the reports here. They know this junk doesn t work on a PC less than 20 years old. Yet the sell it for Vista and windows 7. Well if they are to damm lazy to put a fix on the website. I'm to damm lazy to hunt one. I'l just cancel the CC payment. That won t fix the programming issue, but they won t have my money.
flirtypup

Re: What a peice of JUNK

Postby Michael Moeller » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:17 pm

You can not buy the FMS software. Anyone doing so is doing it without our permission. You can only obtain the FMS software for free, preferably from this website. If you payed for it, please return it and ask for your cash back.

Exactly situations like this are the reason why I won't patch the FMS software, at least not in its current form. We have developed this software during many hours of our spare time and shared it for free. Yet there are still many people that think this is an invitation to freeload on our work and sell it for profit. And not only that, they are even too cheap to provide support for it on their own, directing people to this forum (and my email) for help.

I can't reward this with providing a patch or any other kind of support. If I will ever release a new version, than with a different licensing model and new rules.
Michael Moeller
Site Admin

Postby gawlerj » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:10 pm

Wow, while I doubt this original poster will bother to reply or return to this site I can't help but post regarding their comment. It's "free" open source software. Something that a little bit of research should advise you of. I bought a cheap-o flight sim controller the "came" with FMS (I had to download it). But I knew before hand from doing a little research on line what I was getting. Since I can't justify spending the hundreds of dollars on "real" flight sims, this "junk" works great for me!! As with the actual models themselves, this hobby requires a bit of tinkering on the person partaking of it to get the most out of it, and FMS is no different.

As stated above some people created this great software in their spare time and are giving it to us for free. There are plenty of others in these forums who are contributing to make it better and make it work on hardware "less than 20 years old". If the OP want's something better for the price, please let me know.

To the makers of this software, thanks for letting those of us who would rather spend a hundred bucks on our plane instead of simulator software do just that. But really, you should consider making a little money for yourself on this stuff!
gawlerj

Postby ggunners » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:20 pm

FMS is not open source either. It is freeware with the Moeller's holding the copyright. Other than that, I agree completely. FMS is a very good airplane sim that is self-supported by those of us that use it. So far, it is doing quite well. There are many fixes available on this forum for WinVista and Win7. FMS 2 alpha 8.5 was brand new in 2004, so not quite 10 years old. -- ggunners
ggunners

Re: What a piece of JUNK

Postby OldNoob » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:09 pm

People are BUYING a DYNAM simulator/controller which is also packaged with FMS.

That may be what the OP was referring to.
Also i have read that more than a few people are having issues with DYNAM controllers

Also there is the older E-Sky flight simulator/controller which comes with a version of FMS.

Personally i use a JR 6 channel 72htz radio and i have no issues with FMS at all.
And I got FMS to work just fine on my windows 7 ultimate x64 machine .

On a side note:
I actually turned back two Windows 7 ultimate computers to XP Pro.
Because of countless new hardware and software issues i was having.
XP pro is simply faster and doesn't use up resources like Win7 and vista does.
OldNoob

Return to Windows-Version